cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling multiple Zoom Rooms

tterrill
Listener

We have three Zoom Rooms. Our front desk person does all the scheduling because the rooms are not always used for Zoom meetings. I've created the Rooms as resources in Google Workspace and have created a calendar for each room. I have made the front desk person a manager for all three calendars and everyone in the office is able to view them. We all have business accounts on the same Zoom account. 

I would like to have the Room and the staff member in charge of the meeting to be the hosts. We don't want the front desk person's account to be the host and we don't want to use scheduling privileges. 

What is the easiest way for us to schedule the Rooms?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ceezy
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @tterrill,

I hope this message finds you well.

I recommend setting the Front Desk person up with scheduling privileges for the members that they schedule meetings for.

You can find information on how to set up scheduling privileges here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362803-Scheduling-privilege

The Front Desk person would need to schedule meetings on behalf of the members who are hosting the Zoom Room meeting.  When scheduling in your calendar, they would add the location as the specified Zoom Room.  

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ceezy

Hello @tterrill,

I hope this message finds you well.

I recommend setting the Front Desk person up with scheduling privileges for the members that they schedule meetings for.

You can find information on how to set up scheduling privileges here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362803-Scheduling-privilege

The Front Desk person would need to schedule meetings on behalf of the members who are hosting the Zoom Room meeting.  When scheduling in your calendar, they would add the location as the specified Zoom Room.  

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you!

Is there a way to make the room the sole host of a meeting? Are they considered "users" in the way people are considered accounts empowered to schedule a meeting. I know it's possible to create an instant meeting and to make a Room the host, but I've not found a way to create a meeting using only the Zoom Room. 

Ceezy

Hello @tterrill 

Thanks for following up with me!

Each room is considered a location.  The members of your account can host a meeting in a Zoom Room and set the location as a Zoom Room.

The Zoom Room can host meetings on its own.  You can start an instant meeting from the Zoom Room.  You can invite people from the controller in the Zoom Room.  

The standard practice is to have the Host schedule a meeting from their calendar/Zoom license and add the Zoom Room as the location.  This way it shows up on their calendar and it's easy to track.  

If the front office person is scheduling on behalf of members on your account, I recommend setting them up with scheduling privileges so they can schedule meetings for members accurately.  

I hope this information was helpful to you.  Let me know if you have any other questions.