cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCHEDULE MEETING NOT WORKING PROPERLY

GOOJIE12
Listener

I keep having issues with clients joining the meeting I've scheduled for them. I send them the invite link via email, but when they go to join the meeting it will say "host is in another meeting" and they can't join. Any insight as to why this is happening?

1 REPLY 1

ZoomerIT
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @GOOJIE12 ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Community! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with yoru meetings. If your participants are receiving the message "The host is in another meeting" while trying to join a Zoom meeting, it means that the host of that specific meeting is currently in another meeting and is not available to start or join the meeting.

There are a few reasons why this might happen:

1. The host is already in another meeting and has not ended it before trying to join your meeting.

2. The host has multiple devices that are signed in to Zoom and has joined a meeting on one device, but is trying to join your meeting on a different device.

3. The host has scheduled two overlapping meetings which means the first meeting that started will continue and the second meeting will not be able to start until the first meeting ends. 

If you are the host of the meeting and you are receiving this message, it may be because you are signed in to Zoom on multiple devices and have joined a meeting on one device, but are trying to start or join a different meeting on a different device. In this case, you will need to end the meeting that you are currently in before you can start or join a new meeting.

I hope this information helps!

Thanks!