cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording Breakout rooms independently

MarceloCarneiro
Listener

Hi, is there a way to record all breakout rooms at the same time in different video files? I would like to have all meetings in those different breakout rooms registered individually/independently.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@MarceloCarneiro At this time it's not possible to do this automatically in all rooms. Only local recording in breakout rooms is supported at the moment. 

From our article on managing breakout rooms:
"If the meeting is being cloud recorded, it will only record the main meeting and none of the breakouts will be captured, regardless of what room the meeting host is in. It is currently only possible to record in breakout rooms with local recording. The host must allow specific participants to record locally and it will only record the room the participant who is recording is in. Multiple participants can be given permission to record locally."

That being said, these recordings will exist locally on the users machine who initiates the recording so they will all have to be gathered together post meeting. 

I do suggest submitting your feedback on this at https://www.zoom.us/feed 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

Jstainbrookgum
Listener
3 REPLIES 3

J-Zoom-ATL

@MarceloCarneiro At this time it's not possible to do this automatically in all rooms. Only local recording in breakout rooms is supported at the moment. 

From our article on managing breakout rooms:
"If the meeting is being cloud recorded, it will only record the main meeting and none of the breakouts will be captured, regardless of what room the meeting host is in. It is currently only possible to record in breakout rooms with local recording. The host must allow specific participants to record locally and it will only record the room the participant who is recording is in. Multiple participants can be given permission to record locally."

That being said, these recordings will exist locally on the users machine who initiates the recording so they will all have to be gathered together post meeting. 

I do suggest submitting your feedback on this at https://www.zoom.us/feed 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Hi J-Zoom-ATL I have a similar need to the original post and wanted to ask a follow up question. 
We will have breakout rooms and plan to record locally in each room. 
Here's the question: Am I able to allow all participants to record local files without having to go to the participant list and manually grant permissions one by one? Thank you! 

Jstainbrookgum
Listener

Very helpful