cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-assigned breakout rooms not assigning

KGreenPhD
Listener

Hi.

I'm looking for some help regarding pre-assigned breakout rooms. My company has a SSO Zoom accounts. AKA -- When I create breakout rooms during meeting set up, I use the pre-populated employee email addresses to assign about 30 people to 5 rooms. However, once I start a meeting and open the breakout rooms, only a handful of people are assigned while the rest are "unassigned." However, when I go back to my meeting settings, everyone is assigned to a room.

This is stressful and I need to be able to get people into specific rooms as quickly as possible. In other words, I don't want to assign folks 1 by 1 to their room because we have a limited amount of time to accomplish what we need to in these meetings. What am I doing wrong? Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @KGreenPhD,

I'm not an expert on SSO, but have you checked with some of the "non-assigned"  folks to make sure they are logged into Zoom with their SSO login?  Sometimes I think people just click the link they have, and if they have not logged into Zoom yet (and if the meeting does not require Authentication as a security measure), Zoom just "let's them in" -- in which case there's no login to grab their email from to match with the pre-assignment.

Might be worth testing; for sure, recommend to everyone that they make sure they are logged into Zoom before entering the meeting.

Hopefully someone with SSO experience can also chime in, in case there's an SSO-specific reason for your issue.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @KGreenPhD,

I'm not an expert on SSO, but have you checked with some of the "non-assigned"  folks to make sure they are logged into Zoom with their SSO login?  Sometimes I think people just click the link they have, and if they have not logged into Zoom yet (and if the meeting does not require Authentication as a security measure), Zoom just "let's them in" -- in which case there's no login to grab their email from to match with the pre-assignment.

Might be worth testing; for sure, recommend to everyone that they make sure they are logged into Zoom before entering the meeting.

Hopefully someone with SSO experience can also chime in, in case there's an SSO-specific reason for your issue.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you! This works.

We will have to include instructions to employees to sign in via web browser: Zoom.us >> SSO >> Company Name.zoom.us >> email  & password.

Thank you! 🙂