cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participants per screen

Butchdon
Listener

We have an upcoming team meeting with 34 participants.

I would like to do a screen capture to make a file that could be pasted in Photoshop and then printed by the participants if they so desired. My question:

I know i can get 25 or 49 per screen. What will the display look like with 34 participants if I select the 49 box? Will it show the 34 (5 rows of 6 + 4 on another row) on a full sized display, or will they be shrunk to the 49 person size?

A image example would be nice.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

shaneatzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hey @Butchdon, thanks for being a part of the community.  In a dual-screen setup in Zoom Rooms, the participants should be equally distributed across the screens (there are some display settings/choices you can make that make this not happen, but that's the default). 

Please remember to 'accept as solution' if this answered your question

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

Butchdon
Listener

I'm using just a single monitor.  What do you mean by dual screen?

shaneatzoom

Apologies for the delay.  in a single monitor setup, your proposed layout (5 rows of 6 + 4 on another row) should be what is seen.  

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

benisfroms
Listener

By default, Zoom displays up to 25 participants in a grid layout. If you choose this option, you’ll see a grid of participants, likely arranged in 5 rows of 5. Each participant’s video thumbnail will be reasonably sized for easy viewing. However, with 34 participants, you won’t be able to fit everyone on a single screen in this mode. To view up to 49 participants simultaneously, you’ll need to adjust Zoom’s settings. SolidWorks 2023 Premium discounted rates for a limited time. Click on the cogwheel (settings), then select the Video option on the left. Scroll down until you find the setting that allows you to choose the number of participants in the gallery view. If your computer meets the requirements (dual monitors or a powerful processor), you’ll be able to see 49 participants. In this mode, you’ll likely see a grid of participants, arranged in rows and columns. However, with 34 participants, the grid won’t be fully populated, and some spaces will remain empty.