cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No video after leaving breakout room

Youngster
Listener

Whenever I am put into a breakout room and return to the main session, I have no video of the other participants nor do they have video of me. In some cases the other participants have no audio or video of me, but we have audio of them. It is not feasible to restart multiple times during a conference to get the video to return to proper function.  The video icon will not function when returning from a breakout room so it’s not a matter of simply remembering to turn the camera back on.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

learning4
Listener

Did you ever figure out solving this issue or a workaround? I facilitate Zoom meeting for large groups and every meeting one person has this same issue. Besides quiting and reopening Zoom - which often doesn't work - I'm not sure how to help these users. 

The issue seems to appear after attendees are put into breakout rooms then come back to the main room. The camera works fine at the start of the meeting and in the breakout, then doesn't work when they come back to the main room.

Thanks for any additional ideas.

Actually the problem was solved.

In our daily use of zoom we use a laptop that has a desktop application. This application is installed by our IT so I am not familiar with it’s installation process.

The problem we had was during a period when the application required an update. While waiting for the update to be installed we were optioned to use the internet version of the program. This was where we ran into the issue of returning from a breakout room without video access. We couldn’t click on the video icon to turn our camera back on.

Once the application update was completed and we start using it again, the breakout room issue no longer existed.

Best of luck.