cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Teams Direct Guest Join for Zoom Room Appliances

RobP52
Listener

Hi - just wanting to know if anyone has a timeline for the Microsoft Teams Direct Guest Join feature to be added to Zoom Room (Android) Appliances?  There have been multiple software updates since it was introduced for PC/Mac but still nothing for Android.  We have a Neat Bar and cannot join a Teams meeting unless the party setting up the meeting has an interconnector (which most don't) and I am now starting to regret our decision to buy a Neat Bar for our Zoom Room.

13 REPLIES 13

MetsFaninCA
Listener

following this.  been trying to figure out how to make it happen and been running into walls.

MetsFaninCA
Listener

RobP52 i am still not entirely certain i have the process right of what i need to do...i believe some of my rooms already have 5.7.0 running but haven't completely figured out the proper process.

i think you said "please note that you need to link your calendar to participate in teams meetings" - not sure what you mean by this...i am trying to figure out how to allow the occasional teams meeting to happen in one of my zoom rooms...this isn't going to be a regular occurrence.

RobP52
Listener

Hi MetsFaninCA - it was the other replier (whose post I can no longer see) that suggested it works under 5.7.0.  I have not been able to test as yet as we are WFH at the moment but will be able to next week.  In relation to calendar integration, in the admin tab of your zoom account, navigate to Room Management then Calendar Integration to add your zoom room calendar.  You need to be able to "invite" your room to the Teams Meeting.  Will let you know how I go next week.

RobP52
Listener

further to this, have now been able to test and I cannot get direct guest to join either.  We are on 5.7.0 and calendar is integrated.

MetsFaninCA
Listener

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005550546-Using-the-Microsoft-Teams-Integration

i got that link from someone at zoom. The short version is it seems like the answer is to add a zoom app/bot into Microsoft teams app and it creates zoom meeting info which you can join from the room.

I tried it…it seems to work.  I know not really what we were expecting…but i hope this helps.

MathewNZ
Listener

We too are using Neat and waiting for this feature. According to Microsoft's Roadmap could be by the end of the year.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=81482

But I'm not sure if it will take time for Zoom to also implement. Also Microsoft has moved the above date once already.

zbaxter
Listener

@MathewNZ This microsoft roadmap article appears to be about MS Teams environment joining Zoom Calls, not Zoom Room environment joining MS Teams calls from the android platform. I'm curious if this is a Zoom roadmap item or micrsoft....or google? Like some of the other commenters, have customers with concerns that they picked the wrong platform with the android appliance.

Yes, you're right. What I was trying to say is that I hope with Microsoft allowing to Join Zoom Calls soon that the reverse will be available not long after that. My guess is that Zoom are really pushing for it but Microsoft is dragging their feet so the development is lagging. The incentive for MS to develop this is less now that teams features have caught up to Zoom.

At least with NEAT they will have a teams appliance soon I'm hoping that we can just reconfigure our Zoom Rooms to Teams if we need to.

We prefer Zoom and aren't invested in M365 yet. But I imagine when we inevitably do it will make more financial sense to move to Teams.

jongraphs
Listener

+1

No Teams Direct Guest Join on Android-based Zoom Rooms. It hasn’t appeared on any roadmap that I’ve seen anywhere and no hope in sight. 

Thanks. Yeah we noticed today that they quietly enabled this feature.

Is this for Zoom.us only or also for Zoomgov? We have the same problem with DTEN ME devices running on Android.

It’s only on Zoom.us right now. Coming to Gov in the future though (no date set). 

If you have a commercial account you can test  it out on, try it. Works great on the Me.