cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Zoom Rooms the host if it joins before meeting host and other participants

FUSF
Listener

Did this setting change?  I'm pretty sure It did not used to say "and other participants", 

Had a meeting this morning where room was 2nd person to join (first was not host) and the room did not pick up host like it always has in the past.    It this expected behavior?

I know you can claim host but we have admin's create meetings, but never connect to meeting so we've been relying on room to claim host to be able to record or do anything else in the meeting.

3 REPLIES 3

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @FUSF -Thanks for reaching out to Zoom Community and sorry to hear about your ordeal. Please, can you check to ensure that the ZR setting is enabled?

Joaz2080_0-1644425890150.png

That's the setting I'm talking about.  It is on, but I don't believe it used to say "and other participants"  

one participant (not host) joined, then room, and room didn't pick up host like it normally would.  Based on that description the room has to join before anyone else to claim host.  I could be wrong but I thought before as long as the room joined before the host (or the host doesn't join at all) the room would pick up host when it connected.

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @FUSF - That's is correct. Last I recalled, when any participant(attendees & host) joins the session before the ZR, it cannot become the host but when the ZR joins before any participant(attendees & host), it automatically becomes the host.

Joaz2080_0-1644436335488.png