cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Camera Lag Zoom Rooms

zoomgroom
Listener

Hello, we're having a very frustrating issue with our Zoom Rooms. We have Logitech Tap VU0053's, mini PC's and either Logitech MeetUps or Logitech Rally's (MeetUp seems the worst affected) cameras. Every time a Zoom call starts, it can take up to 30 seconds for the Zoom Room (Logitech) camera to appear. You'll hear the audio, and once connected there's no delay.

We've tried moving and changing practically every variable without success. I can't think what else it can be. The only things I can think of are:

A couple of the Logitech Tap's have issues

A couple of the Logitech camera's have issues

There's some bizarre inconsistent network issue

Please help us out, it's been driving a team of 4 crazy for a week! Has anyone seen something similar?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @zoomgroom,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Do you have auto framing enabled on the Logitech device? I have seen issues with that in the past. Are you on the latest Logi firmware and Zoom Room software?

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

zoomgroom
Listener

Thanks Brandon, to clarify, I should turn off auto framing?

Cheer!

zoomgroom
Listener

Ah crap, one of our engineers already tried apparently - any other ideas?

bump

zoomgroom
Listener

Final bump attempt, apologies everyone, really negatively impacting our work. 

ZoomMeister
Listener

Have you updated the logitech firmware?

zoomgroom
Listener

Thanks for reply - sadly all device firmware is indeed up to date.

Cheers

YaBoiB

@zoomgroom

It has to be either processing power or a glitch in the DLL files on the machine. Have you attempted to wipe out the %appdata% zoomrooms folder on the machine and then reinstall a fresh, latest software and test again and see if that is the issue. Other than this. I would say that your best bet is to submit a support ticket with Zoom Support and begin troubleshooting this from the log level. Can you export some diagnostics logs from the Rooms? 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Sadly this didn't work either. Thanks so much for the suggestions though, keep them coming!