cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable Sharing Key from displaying on TV

DLP
Listener

Hi,

I am running a Zoom Room within a Classroom and wish to disable Sharing Key from displaying on the TV while still having it show on the Controller.

There is a setting which appears to do exactly this function. However for me, it's broken:

Display top banner on TV in meeting

Allow to display room name, time and sharing key on the top portion of TV. [Enable | Disable] + [Lock]

When I Disable the setting  on the "Campus" Level or the "Room" level, the bar with Room Name, Time, and Sharing Key still appears on the TV. 

When I Disable the setting and press Lock on the "Campus" Level, the bar with Room Name, Time, and Sharing Key still appears on the TV.

When Enabled on the "Campus" level or the "Room" level, three options appear with checkboxes for adding or removing specific functionality: Room Name | Time | Sharing Key.

When I check Room Name only and uncheck Time and Sharing Key, all three still appear.

When I Enable on the "Campus" level and select Lock with only Time, while Room Name and Sharing Key are disabled, all three still appear.

I submitted a bug report to tier 1 without a response yet.

Any suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @DLP , thank you for making such a great contribution to the Zoom community! We are so happy to have you here.. Our experts will get back to you with a response, but in the meantime, we encourage fellow community members to also share their knowledge on this topic. 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @DLP

Can I get the support ticket number that you put in so that I can take a look at your environment and compare it to mine please? 

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Thanks for looking into this issue #15420532.

David

YaBoiB

Hi @DLP , 

I sent you a response on the Support ticket and I am following the ticket which means that I will get an email every time that you respond or the TSE responds to you. 

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Thank you for looking into this @YaBoiB ! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

itaiko
Listener

Hi,

Did you get a response on how to disable the Sharing Key?

Tx

Itai

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @itaiko , welcome to the Zoom Community and thank you for posting for the first time! 

Please sign into zoom.us and scroll down to the Zoom Rooms tab> select each room individual> click on meeting settings> scroll down to "Hide share instruction from TV"  > enable the setting.

This should solve the problem.

Let me know how things go!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

DLP
Listener

While I haven't tested this recently, here's the response I received from Zoom Support in #15420532:

Anj (Zoom)

Sep 23, 2022, 01:24 PDT

Hi David,

Upon investigation, I have found an open feature request with our Product Team pertaining to your suggestion. I have linked this ticket to the pre-existing feature request and the request will now be handled by our backend teams. Therefore, I will be closing this ticket. 

Note, this ticket closure will not affect the status or priority of your submitted feature request. For any updates, please reach out to your CSM, {DLP SNIP}

Thank you,
Anj

DLP
Listener

Per the email above, I tried unchecking "Hide share instruction from TV" and the banner at the top of the page still showed the Sharing Key. In the same test, I started a "New Meeting" and pressed "Share Content". The sharing instructions still appeared on the TV. I also confirmed that "Display top banner on TV in meeting" which has a description of "Allow to display room name, time and sharing key on the top portion of TV." was already Disabled. This did nothing to solve the issue.

I did confirm, on the screensaver (signage), the sharing banner is removed. However, if the Zoom Controller is touched, it exits the screensaver and shows the sharing key again.

Put simply, this is a bug which has not yet been fixed.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @DLP , thank you for your contribution!

I have reached out to my team and you are totally right, hiding Sharing key or other display banner details while the Zoom room is idle is a current feature request that has been raised with the dev team. Though there is no ETA yet on this, we hope to make it available to users as soon as possible.

cc: @itaiko 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

DLP
Listener

The reply by dennisondani while appreciated, has no relevance to Zoom Rooms.

ZoomZoom

Hi, 

I can think of a few ideas. Check if this Meeting settings under Zoom Room settings help:

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 13.37.28.png

If people don't authenticate, this might be useful.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 13.37.11.png

Disable screen sharing altogether for the Zoom Room meeting/webinar

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 13.36.49.png

If it is connected to a display, you can hide it from there.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 13.35.53.png

Remove the sharing key info from the top banner.

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz