cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable camera on Zoom?

tomisawriter
Listener

I'm new to Zoom so apologies in advance for asking what may be an egregiously dumb question.

I've been trying -- without success -- to disable the camera on Zoom. I've searched for the answer both on Zoom's website and the Internet. One solution, for example, was to go first to the Settings menu, then to the Video tab. There is supposed to be an "always turn off my video" option -- only there isn't.

I've come across other solutions to either disable the camera or at least enable me to hide myself while on Zoom  -- none of which work. 

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi tomisawriter

I am on Windows 10. It seems that with Mac OS they have used a a different wording. Give it a try and see what happens. It wont break anything

Regards

Lee

View solution in original post

jackobyuosf
Listener

Launch the Zoom app. Go to the Settings menu. Go to the Video tab. Check the option with "always turn off" / "turn off my video".

Regards: Best Shark Vacuum

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

NicolasChampa
Listener

Hola puedes darle a alt + V y igual para apagar la cámara si no, puedes darle a la cámara que esta en la esquina inferior izquierda. 

Thanks for jumping in to help, but I'm afraid I don't speak Spanish. 

Ok you can hit alt + V and the same to turn off the camera if not, you can hit the camera that is in the lower left corner.

Thanks, Nicolas. Much appreciated. I'll definitely give that a try. 

OvertonLee
Listener

Hi

Not sure if this is what you need.

Look in video settings. Scroll down and put a tick in the box that says "Turn off my video when joining a meeting"

The one below gives you the option to decide if you want video on before you join a meeting.

Hey, OvertonLee. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I was able to update Zoom on my iMac to version 5.8.0. Don't know if that's the latest version or not. 

I followed your instructions. The odd thing is, there's a slight difference in wording between what you included in your message and what it actually says on my version of Zoom. Instead of "Turn off my video when joining a meeting," it says "Stop my video when joining a meeting."

Does this mean the same thing?

Thanks again for your help.

Hi tomisawriter

I am on Windows 10. It seems that with Mac OS they have used a a different wording. Give it a try and see what happens. It wont break anything

Regards

Lee

jackobyuosf
Listener

Launch the Zoom app. Go to the Settings menu. Go to the Video tab. Check the option with "always turn off" / "turn off my video".

Regards: Best Shark Vacuum