cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Guest Join

mcarlin
Listener

We are testing Direct guest Join with our Zoom Rooms. 

We are running into alot of issues when joining MS Teams meetings. Audio works fine but video is very choppy and freezes - External guest cannot see the conference room.  we tried firewall rules but still no luck

we are using X series and G7500's 

Anyone using Direct Guest Join successfully? what are the secrets to getting this to work ?

6 REPLIES 6

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @mcarlin 

I have recently received reports within my company that when using NeatBar to join Teams directly, the Teams connection often drops out.
At least I don't think it is a device issue.

CBiscuit
Listener

We have been able to use direct join successfully in the past, but are currently experiencing issues where the room will disconnect shortly after connecting. 

Some things I noticed when it worked:

1. Your LAN does not dictate the quality of the experience. The room will default to match the connection of the worst connection that joins the call. So if you have attendees joining from cell phones or hotspots the room will match them and you cannot control that. 

2. Ensure anyone sharing content from the room joins the Teams meeting with no audio selected. The echo can last way past them muting or disconnecting and is pretty annoying.

3. The room may disconnect from the meeting. When you re-join, you may have multiple instances of the room in the meeting.

Good luck

ZoomZoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi, Poly just released their 4.0 firmware upgrade. Try upgrading and testing again.

The experience should be smoother.

If this answer helps you, please hit the “Accept as Solution” button.
Thank you,

ZzZz

adamv9498
Listener

Do you have any updates on this one?  We had a meeting of 150is users and the video was grainy, choppy and freezing

We are using Zoom Rooms with  Poly devices and have updated the codec's to the lastest Poly firmware update. we have found that to have better quality but still see some grainyness but overall its been alot better. I would work with your Network team and confirm firewall rules for MS teams are in place. The connection is using a chrome URL to connect to teams so it will not be the same of what you see in a native zoom call. I hope that helps. Keep me posted in any issues you find

WKITDanielG
Listener

We have been experiencing a similar issue with Direct guest join when it comes to codecs and connecting to Teams and Webex calls. 

We have Neat bars and Neat Bar Pros and whenever we join a call via direct guest join we come to issues with content sharing, audio quality (Unknown feedback delay creating an echo effect, for participated outside of the conference rooms), As well as video quality being low or distorted image. 

We are up to the latest firmware on neat and keep on automatic updates to keep on the latest version of Zoom Rooms as well. 

We have tested the same calls on a Mac Mini and found no issues with content, audio, or video through direct guest join. We have invested into more rooms with a Neat Bar solution and would like to get to the bottom on why the quality of calls made through direct guest join on these devices are such low quality. 

We also found out with other users using a Cisco codec using direct guest join in another office outside of our network has been replicating the same issues.

Makes me ask the question is there an issue with direct guest join in general when using codec video conferencing interfaces? or is this a Zoom room direct guest join issue to other video conferencing platforms such as microsoft teams or webex? 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best.