cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signage Only

JDB
Listener

Good Day -

I'm sure that I have overlooked something but I can not seem to find the answer in Support or the Community Forums. I'm interested in the Digital Signage capabilities but when I attempt to create a Digital Signage Only room type, it is not an option. (see below)

JDB_0-1653334730138.png

Do I first have to create a Zoom Room or is there something in the settings I've overlooked?

Many Thanks
Joe

8 REPLIES 8

tobyfromrea
Community Champion | Customer

Hey Joe, from what I can tell it appears you haven't enabled Digital Signage yet.
From the admin portal, select Zoom Rooms, Account Settings, Digital Signage. Then scroll down to the very bottom and enable Digital Signage. Hope that helps! 🙌

Ohkawa

Hi, JDB

In order to use digital signage, one or more paid Rooms (Zoom Rooms(sfor share spaces) or kiosk) must be created.

Each paid Room created will be allocated 1GB of signage video file space.
Note that this is not the number of Rooms licenses you have purchased.

Ohkawa

Hi, JDB

Please see below for a list of issues with using a Windows PC as a signage device.
■Device: When we contacted Zoom, they recommended Corei7 to take full advantage of Rooms' functions, but a Celeron N4000 or higher CPU will work fine, although Rooms does play videos, still images, URLs, and view webinars. Within that range, a Celeron N4000 or higher will work fine.

Fanless is good for quietness.
For example, we use the PC linked below.

Amazon.co.jp: Mini PC, Quieter2Q Celeron J4125, 8GB Memory, 128GB eMMC Processor, Windows 11 Pro, Hi...

■ Update: If you connect to the Internet via WiFi, you may want to turn off "Automatically install Windows updates" and register from the Device Management menu so that updates are limited to critical patches. This is because Windows updates frequently and WiFi connections are often lost after an update.

■Autologon: In some cases, the automatic logon setting does not follow the Zoom manual. In such cases, you can use the application provided by Microsoft for automatic logon settings.

Autologon - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

Hi,

Is the 1GB of signage video file space documented somewhere from Zoom? Do you know what determines how the space is being used? We currently have 4 Zoom Rooms so 4 Gigs but we're not sure how the space allocation works and whether we'll have enough capacity moving forward.

thanks

Ohkawa

Hi, @aberdamy 

I am as disappointed as you are that the video capacity for signage is not clearly disclosed.
The support article does not mention it, so I will have to actually use it.

Zoom Rooms digital signage – Zoom Support

The only way to know how much space is available is to refer to the comments that appear when you open the Add Content window.
In the example below, there are 58 paid Rooms, so the total capacity is 58 GB and the remaining capacity is shown as 15.09 GB.

Ohkawa_0-1670986646181.png

Hi Ohkawa,

Thanks for your reply, that helps a lot! I see that in our account we have 4 Zoom room licenses and are using 2 of them currently. I would have thought though since we have 4 licenses it would have shown 4GB of storage space available. Do you know what determines when a Zoom Room license is used up?

I think this answers my question from the link you sent "You can add a digital signage only room, which does not require a Zoom Rooms license."

thank you

Ohkawa

Hi, @aberdamy 

At first, I had the same question as you, tested it and found out.

Storage capacity for digital signage video is determined by the number of paid Rooms (Zoom Rooms (for shared space), Kiosk, Standalone Whiteboard).
Please note that it is not the number of Rooms licenses.

So we create a dummy Room that does not register devices to increase capacity.

Ohkawa_0-1671061311246.png

Hi Ohkawa,

That makes sense now from what I see displayed for our account. Thank you for your responses, I appreciate it! I'm hoping Zoom can provide some documentation that clearly states this at some point in the future.