cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Ideas for accommodating zoom in large auditorium (room capacity 300 persons)

zubi1
Listener

We are looking for ideas to integrate zoom into existing Q-Sys system or design a new system. Room occupancy is 300 persons and its a setting in a University environment. Lecture theatre is fairly large and needs microphones all over the place. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

tb124
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hello,

We have a sample design that can be found here to work with: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360045757252

Using this concept, components can be swapped/scaled appropriately, but the general concept of primary displays, confidence monitors, AV over IP etc can be used. It might be best to include your existing or a new AV integrator to take a look at this and assess what approach to take, while maintaining some of the 'Zoom design philosophy' around video conferencing systems.

If this answers your question, please click accept as solution below.  Thanks!

MCCErika
Listener

I am also looking for this solution for 300 to 500. Is there anyway you can send me the sample you sent I am unable to get to it.

MCCErika
Listener

Did you ever find a solution?

Yes, we ended up with custom solution.

1. 1x PC with zoom rooms app installed and another PC for presenting/user (connected to zoom PC via USB capture card)

2. Camera on a Plinth facing the speaker. (Connected to Zoom PC via Magwell USB capture Card)

3. Wall mounted camera behind the speaker to capture audience.  (Connected to Zoom PC via Magwell USB capture Card)

4. Dual monitors on the lectern for Presentation PC and confidence monitor.

3. Neat Pad controller touchscreen on the lectern for Zoom rooms connected via PoE.

4. Outputs from PC's connected to Video switcher which then throws feed to main projector.

5. Speakers connected to amplifier.

We ended up limiting microphones to lectern (shure mxa910 preferred) as cost to capture all 300 participants is not sustainable. You can always integrate roving handheld microphones to the system.