cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create, remove, rename breakout rooms after launch

Mike8
Listener

I've seen creating, removing and renaming breakout rooms after they are launched is one of the new features in the last Zoom update. I've updated Zoom, however, I can't create, remove or rename breakout rooms after I've launched them. What do I have to do to have this options without closing all the breakout rooms?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to activate the option in your account settings. I was able to activate it and then in the meeting you can create more breakout rooms, delete and rename them. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer

From the release notes, sounds like Zoom needs to enable something, (Maybe your account owner or admin needs to request it?) and then admins/owners must also enable the feature:

• Create, remove, rename breakout rooms after launch - Windows, macOS, Linux
    Breakout rooms no longer need to be closed in order to rename or add/remove additional rooms. Account owners and admins can enable the ability for hosts to create, remove, and rename breakout rooms while they are open and in use. This feature requires client version 5.9.3 or higher and must be enabled by Zoom.

I am also trying to enable this new feature, but there doesn't seem to be the option to enable it in the Account Settings. In Support it clearly shows a click box should be there, but I don't see it. I am owner.

kjhartma

Read what I pulled above from the support article, I'm wondering if we need to ask Zoom to enable it??

You need to activate the option in your account settings. I was able to activate it and then in the meeting you can create more breakout rooms, delete and rename them. 

Hi, i am searching for this feature to enable.

In account settings i don't see any options to aktivate it.

Please can you show me the path to aktivate this? Settings>>>>

Btw im using the basic version of Zoom if this matters.

Thank you

Hi, I think you need the pro version.

The basic version doesn't allow you to do that.

I

@Mike8 wrote:

Hi, I think you need the pro version.

The basic version doesn't allow you to do that.

I have the pro version but I don't see the option within the settings.