cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correctly joining a Zoom meeting from a Zoom Room and playing audio.

wlampert
Listener

We are starting to use DTEN units with Zoom Rooms. Question is what is the correct way of a user joining/starting a scheduled Zoom meeting on a Zoom Rooms display AND then wanting to share a powerpoint with audio/video off your laptop? I see that you'd first join the zoom meeting from the Zoom Room via the meeting ID and passcode. Then I see that you would then open zoom on your laptop, click share screen and input the meeting ID to start sharing your laptop screen. Issue is the audio. Say I start playing a video in a powerpoint im sharing from my laptop, since both mics (mic on Zoom Room unit and my laptop) and speakers (speakers on zoom room unit and laptop) are active, obviously there is huge feedback. And if you mute your laptop's mic/speakers, no playback audio from the laptop will go through the Zoom meeting then. I feel there is a correct way of doing this because people share their desktops and on occasions have audio/video to play.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobF
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

HI @wlampert 

I'd recommend that while you are in the share screen option menu, that you select the Share Sound and Optimize for video clip check boxes in the bottom left of the menu. That way the audio will play into the meeting, and not over the laptop speakers.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362643-Sharing-computer-sound-in-a-screen-share

If my reply to your question resolved it for you, please click on "Accept as Solution" where my reply shows. This way, community member with the same question will know how to resolve it, and additional member won't spend time trying to respond to your request.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RobF

HI @wlampert 

I'd recommend that while you are in the share screen option menu, that you select the Share Sound and Optimize for video clip check boxes in the bottom left of the menu. That way the audio will play into the meeting, and not over the laptop speakers.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362643-Sharing-computer-sound-in-a-screen-share

If my reply to your question resolved it for you, please click on "Accept as Solution" where my reply shows. This way, community member with the same question will know how to resolve it, and additional member won't spend time trying to respond to your request.