cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Companion Whiteboard + Zoom Appliances?

TPCi-Alex
Listener

We want to build out 100 or so rooms with Neat Bars and replace the physical whiteboards on the other walls with DTEN D7 digital whiteboards. It's a shame to find out that Companion Whiteboards don't work with Zoom Appliances, only macOS or Windows based Zoom Rooms. 

Any ideas + roadmap for this functionality?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shaneatzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @TPCi-Alex ,

Definitely an item we're looking to improve.  Please connect with your CSM to have them follow up on this request for timelines as we can't comment here on that subject. 

Thanks!

(did this answer your question? Please mark 'accept as solution' to confirm)

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shaneatzoom

Hi @TPCi-Alex ,

Definitely an item we're looking to improve.  Please connect with your CSM to have them follow up on this request for timelines as we can't comment here on that subject. 

Thanks!

(did this answer your question? Please mark 'accept as solution' to confirm)

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom

TPCi-Alex
Listener

I have still not heard anything from anyone about companion whiteboards for Zoom appliances.

I am also looking for an answer to this as well. we are looking to replace windows based rooms with appliances, but need them to be compatible with companion whiteboards in certain situations.

Yeah, it's frustrating. Using Neat Bars with a companion whiteboard would be a slam dunk in most of our conference rooms.  

@dgolding675  - It looks like the new companion whiteboard supports appliance-based rooms as of 5.10.3 or higher. I've yet to test it out though. 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/6522082425613-Using-the-new-companion-whiteboard-in-a-Zoom...

TPCi-Alex
Listener

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360042041011-New-updates-for-Zoom-Room-Appliances

• Support for Companion Whiteboard with Poly, Yealink, Logitech, and Neat Appliances