cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Can't hear audio from HDMI input.

ryanneve
Listener

When connecting to our Zoom Room via HDMI the laptops sound can't be heard. The laptop's HDMI audio shows up as a separate microphone. The only way to hear the laptop's audio is to switch from the Room's microphone from the DSP ceiling mics to the HDMI audio input. Of course this means that remote attendees can now only hear the laptop audio and not the presenter.

One hardware solution is to use an HDMI audio extractor and route the laptop audio through the DSP, but it seems like this is something Zoom should handle gracefully in software. Is there a setting I'm missing?

If the laptop shares to the room wirelessly, all the audio works fine, but presenters really like the HDMI connection because it allows them to see their PowerPoint presenters notes on their laptop and connecting through the Zoom  client does not. Also some guest speakers are not allowed to run Zoom on their laptops.

6 REPLIES 6

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community!

I sent you a DM. We can work on this together through a support ticket so that I can view your settings. Please send me a DM reply when you are available. 

B!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

YaBoiB

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Another option is to check your HDMI software/firmware version. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/215608583-Upgrade-Magewell-USB-Capture-HDMI-Firmware

B!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

neve
Participant

I'm using an INOGENI 4K2USB3 Capture device, but it DID need a firmware update. After I updated the firmware, and fiddled a bit, it seems to be working. I was skeptical of having an HDMI input in out Zoom room, but it seems to be well liked by the users. Especially now that sound will work.

YaBoiB

@neve 

That is great news. If you are content with the answer provided, would you please click on the Accept as Solution button for me, please?

Regards,

B!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

mattgrant
Listener

Hey @ryanneve ,
Did you ever resolve this issue? I am currently experiencing the exact same scenario

Thanks

I updated the HDMI capture device's firmware which seemed to solve the issue.