Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakout rooms wouldn't close; couldn't see all breakout rooms

rubygrad
Listener

Hi,

Problem 1:

I was the Zoom host for a meeting with close to 250 participants. I was on a MacBook Air. I wanted to use all 50 breakout rooms (not knowing it would only work for 200 participants), so I created 50 breakout rooms for Zoom to automatically assign the participants. I then wanted to see who was in which breakout room because I needed to move certain participants around, but I could only see breakout Rooms 1 - 22. Is there a way to be able to see all 50 rooms and move or exchange participants?

Problem 2:

When I clicked on "Close all rooms," not all of the rooms closed. And those that did closed very slowly. The button  to close the breakout rooms appeared several times, and I clicked it each time. But at least one participant was left in a room that wouldn't close (and she said she didn't have the button to click to leave the room). Was there something I could have done to close the rooms more quickly or more efficiently?

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @rubygrad 

You may have been having some performance issues being right up to the limit on breakout rooms and with a large number of participants like that.

I have also seen oddities with breakout rooms when the Host or Co-Hosts are on an old version of Zoom, or even when there are miss-matched versions between Hosts - and maybe in the meeting at large.

I'd do you best to ensure everyone is update to date. These is actually a setting in your web settings to require everyone to be on a certain version, or the latest version.

Hope this helps.

Rupert   

Thanks Rupert. We have another large call this Saturday, so I'm recommending we also get the 100/1000 option.