cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning participants to a breakout not working

DDESIMONE
Listener

Hello Zoom Community!
I work for a school and we were having our registration process with multiple breakout rooms opened in Zoom. At one point, we couldn’t send anyone to a breakout room, and we had to end the meeting and open it again. Is there any explanation for this to happen? I would like to know how to fix this problem in the future.
Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @DDESIMONE thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! It may be helpful to read through the options for Breakout Rooms in this support article. Perhaps you can pinpoint an area that caused the issue during the process

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476313-Managing-Breakout-Rooms

One helpful tip, if you are scheduling your meeting and Pre-Assigning people to BO Rooms, this will only work if the people joining the meeting are signed into the Zoom client with the same email address they used to register for the meeting. If people do not sign into the Zoom client, Zoom can't identify them, and if they aren't signed into the client with their same email, Zoom can't match the person to the registration. 

Depending on your experience it may be simpler to automatically assign rooms once the meeting begins. But pre-assigning also works well as long as people are registering and signing in with the same email address. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Hi, I had a similar problem yesterday. I had organised a zoom event with the option of people being able to move themselves from the main room into various breakout rooms that I had set up. Everything was going ok but about 9 hours into the event participants that were coming and were suddenly unable to choose a breakout room and the host was unable to assign. Some of these participants had been in the even earlier on in the day and were logging back in. We asked them to sign out and back in again and this didn't help. One of the co-hosts also tried a assign participants but when we clicked move to room nothing came for them to accept. The only remedy was to end the meeting and start again which was quite disruptive. Does anyone know if there is a solution to this please? Thanks