cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show work in a break out room

EllenS
Listener

I am looking for a way for math students to share work with each other without typing or writing on a whiteboard while in break out rooms. Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Freddi_G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello, you can share content in a breakout room with others - this does not involve any typing or writing on a whiteboard. You can also transfer files within each break out then one of the participants could open and share the file to everyone.

I apologize. I don't think I articulated my question well enough. I, as host, do not want to show content to each break out room.

Each student (participant) in the break out room has work written on paper. How can all of the participants in one break out room see each others work? Does Zoom have a feature where they can each post a screenshot from a phone so all the other participants can see the others' work? Unless Zoom already has a sharing capability within break out rooms that does not involve typing or writing on a whiteboard, I am considering using an outside app, such as Padlet, so while in the break out room, they can all see each other's work from within that same room. 

Freddi_G

Hello participants can share their work within a breakout room simultaneously. Other participants would just have to choose whose screen they wanted to view. Pls see here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115000424286-Sharing-multiple-screens-simultaneously#:~:te...

I viewed the link. Thank you. It's still not exactly what I am looking for. Multiple screens would not show all their work at once.

Screen sharing a calculus problem that is a page of written work and getting it from the paper to a computer in a one or two step process is what I am looking for. How would students take a pictures of their work with their phones, get the screenshots to the computer screen, and all be able to view each others  screenshots at the same time (like a pinning pictures to a bulletin board). That is the capability I am trying to determine if Zoom has. Do they have the "bulletin board-like" feature?

Freddi_G

Hi there, unfortunately not. I can see your use case, but it would have to be a feature enhancement. Do you mind filling in this form so we can help submit something for you? https://zoom.us/feed

chirs
Listener

ok