cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom does not open through the links I click

Abner
Listener

Zoom não abre através dos links que eu clico, tenho que abrir manualmente, colocar senhas. quero poder acessar por meio do links, por conta da facilidade.

Zoom does not open through the links I click, I have to open it manually, enter passwords. I want to be able to access it through the links, because of the facility
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Abner, where are you trying to open these Zoom links from? Sharing in Zoom Chat, via email, text, etc.? When clicking on the Zoom join link whats exactly prompt? Any error messages?

Usually, if you've sent a Zoom join link, after clicking on the URL you should be redirected to the Zoom App. If opening from a web browser you'll be prompted to open the Zoom app or you can join through the web browser.

In some cases, the host doesn't include the meeting passcode within the Zoom join link, therefore, you'll have to enter the passcode. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Abner, where are you trying to open these Zoom links from? Sharing in Zoom Chat, via email, text, etc.? When clicking on the Zoom join link whats exactly prompt? Any error messages?

Usually, if you've sent a Zoom join link, after clicking on the URL you should be redirected to the Zoom App. If opening from a web browser you'll be prompted to open the Zoom app or you can join through the web browser.

In some cases, the host doesn't include the meeting passcode within the Zoom join link, therefore, you'll have to enter the passcode. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hey... I'm having the same issue...

IMG_20220527_081649.jpg

It's showing this whenever I click the link.... And when I click the launch button it doesn't open zoom... I've tried reinstalling zoom... Nothing helped....

Hi! To solve this problem, i just restore Linux's configs. At that time I was working with Linux!

Hi, I'm having a similar problem. Would you mind spelling out what you did a bit more? Which configs do you mean? Thanks!

Hi, i have the exact same problem. On Ubuntu (Pop!OS) it shows exactly that message in firefox but doesnt open the client? Please tell us what you meant with restoring configs!

Regards