cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does it save the "double_click_to_convert" files - it's already converted? Mac - local recording

MrsM99
Listener

I'm working on a Mac and saving Zoom recordings locally (as we have to). 

Each folder that contains the CONVERTED recording (it automatically converts when the meeting ends) also contains 3 files named: 

double_click_to_convert_01.zoom

double_click_to_convert_02.zoom

double_click_to_convert_03.zoom

Depending on the size of the meeting, they can be HUGE!

The meeting has already converted, and is saved as: zoom_0.mp4

What are those files for? Can I  somehow automatically delete them? A colleague - using Windows - says that his automatically delete once it's converted. Is this a Mac setting issue? Or a Zoom setting issue? 

Can anyone shed any light for me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MttP
Listener

Hi @MrsM99 !

The usual reason you would want to keep those unconverted files would be for the purposes of troubleshooting if you were seeing issues with the conversion process, but otherwise you can set them to automatically delete as your friend has mentioned.

In the Zoom client settings for the device where the recordings are saving, go to the Recording tab, and unselect the option for "Keep temporary recording files." With this option unselected those files will automatically remove after the meeting recording has been converted.

MttP_0-1629919395960.jpeg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MttP
Listener

Hi @MrsM99 !

The usual reason you would want to keep those unconverted files would be for the purposes of troubleshooting if you were seeing issues with the conversion process, but otherwise you can set them to automatically delete as your friend has mentioned.

In the Zoom client settings for the device where the recordings are saving, go to the Recording tab, and unselect the option for "Keep temporary recording files." With this option unselected those files will automatically remove after the meeting recording has been converted.

MttP_0-1629919395960.jpeg

Thanks so much! This is exactly it! I think I just couldn't see the wood for the trees in all the places settings are found. 🙂

I am having the same problem but that box is unchecked.

Im having the same problem. any fix for this?

Jim_1
Listener

I have a recording question. Does anyone know can I record 2 separate 4 hour meetings over zoom with my paid account? Has anyone ever recorded a 4 hour zoom meeting, how did it go? Thank you, I am a complete Zoom newbie (-: 

I have recorded a 24 hour meeting. Zoom automatically broke it up into 2 parts, but everything was there.