cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add contact

Mint
Listener

I'd like to add a contact number of an acquaintance I know. However, you cannot add a contact. If you click Invite, you will not continue to be invited. Help me!

Mint_
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,Mint
This is because your account administrator prohibits you from registering external contacts.
Please consult with your account Manager.
If account Manager set up, Setting the following

IM Management>IM Setting>Security>Allow users to add contacts

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

TangTangyi
Listener

me too

TangTangyi

Ohkawa

Hi,Mint
This is because your account administrator prohibits you from registering external contacts.
Please consult with your account Manager.
If account Manager set up, Setting the following

IM Management>IM Setting>Security>Allow users to add contacts

Thank you so much.

Mint_

I dont see "IM Management" anywhere.

I am the owner, so assume that I am the account administrator. However, I have no idea how to get to "IM Management". I have gone to "Account Management" and then "Account Settings" but see no way to make any change that allows me to add contacts.

Ohkawa

@DNFTdawg1 , @robgallo 

The admin menu has been changed and IM management has been moved to TeamChat in Account Settings.

Ohkawa_0-1677293376438.png

Thanks for your prompt reply. But in now going to TeamChat, I still don't see how I can add contacts. Why should this be so obscure and difficult in Zoom?

Ohkawa

Hi, @DNFTdawg1

The following settings

Ohkawa_0-1677298035706.png

Indeed, Zoom's settings are complex!
The complexity of Zoom's settings is due to the fact that it allows users to configure it in great detail in order to accommodate a variety of user requests.
If you are the administrator of a paid account, you can contact support and they will tell you how to set it up.

Submit a request – Zoom Support

TiaWilliams246
Listener

i need help

Cheerios2021
Listener

Same problem. Basic account. Were able to add contacts before. But cannot now. Only change is from paid account to basic account.  I don't belong to any group, how can I make myself be able to add contacts?

Freddi_G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Basic account users will not have admin control for IM mgmt / contacts but still should be allowed to invite contacts by following instructions here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004055706-Adding-and-managing-Zoom-contacts

As said before if the contact your inviting is part of an account that has policies against communicating with external contacts you may have to work with their admins on this.

Farsule123
Listener

same problem for me!!!

i really need help on this too

dfarren
Listener

The Zoom account administrator on either side - your side or your contacts side can determine that external (or even internal) - contacts and chats can be disabled. 

In a educational setting, an administrator may be concerned about student privacy and that is why they have chosen to disable these features. Also, the Zoom admin of your account can see your contacts, they are not private to you, so that can also be of a concern to student privacy.

However, you can still invite a person to a Zoom by emailing them the Zoom link to join.

CherishVan
Listener

just twerk