cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Options for Breakout Rooms

sfayad
Listener

Hi Everyone!

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this... I'm an instructor and I was hoping my students would be in specific groups for the whole term. I randomly generated them and then made pre-assigned breakout rooms with 5-6 participants each.

I don't know if it's because I'm using a Chromebook or what, but I was unable to use the preassigned rooms... the option just never showed.

But that should be ok, right? My students know which groups their in so they can just join. Wrong, I also don't have the option to let them join rooms on their own. 

I'm kind of at a loss. Does anyone have a recommendation? 

2 REPLIES 2

Freddi_G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi, if you are using the legacy Chrome App, some functions such as Breakout preassignment is not available. We will be deprecating the legacy app and will be continuing with a much improved PWA app for Chromebooks, see here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403637861005-Configuring-the-Zoom-for-Chrome-PWA

dfarren
Listener

A related problem our staff have found is that if participants are not logged into their Zoom accounts, they will not be put into the pre-assigned rooms.  I have enabled identify guests for some of our groups (but you can do for your own account), so at a quick glance Guests (not logged in) can be identified as to know who will not have an assignment in pre-created breakout rooms.

Pre-assigning participants to breakout rooms