cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lift of 40 min limit is not applied correctly

fortis931
Listener

Hi, I have a strange situation going on about 40 min limit.

When I open my account page on browser(Chrome), I can see the banner at the top stating

"Important Notice: In support of education and due to the ongoing pandemic, Zoom will continue to lift the 40-minute time limit on your free Basic meeting account through June 30, 2022".

However, on my Zoom client software on Windows 10, I can not see the badge that shows the limit is lifted.

Also in the actual Zoom meeting with 3 or more people, 40 min limit is applied and can not hold any longer meetings.

What is causing this situation and how do I apply the lift of limit?

Thank you for your help in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Freddi_G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello, pls try logging into your Zoom account with the domain email address that has the limit lift. If the domain has the lift (we can help verify if you send it over) you should be able to have meetings longer than the 40 minute limit.  We may need more details. Usually it’s a user error due to being logged in with different accounts.

Thanks for your reply.

Of course, I logged in with the same account for both web and windows client.

I also tried re-login on the client but it did not work.

Please help me if you have any other solution.

I would not write my domain name here because it is public, but please let me know if you need other information.

Freddi_G

No problem, I will have a case raised on your behalf and have this verified for you.

Freddi_G

@fortis931 opened this case on your behalf, we will use this to determine why you do not have the lift. As long as you already had an existing lift in place we can ensure that it will continue to be honored through June, however pls be aware that we are not accepting new requests at this time. Case number #13567401

fortis931
Listener

Thank you very much for your action.

I was able to hold 40+ min meetings at least last month, so I am pretty sure I had the lift and I believe still have the lift according to my account page.

Hope to receive another communication from the team.