cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Focus on Students

Pat_laMorte
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Calling all Educators! Are you listening? Ok, good.. Today, Zoom released our much anticipated FOCUS mode. That's right, Focus mode is live! This mode will allow all students to ONLY see their teacher, while still allowing the teacher to see all students. This is ideal for exams/tests, as well as socioeconomic disparity in student’s homes. You can turn it on by logging into your web browser client, and navigating down to "in-meeting advanced" in your settings. #education #students #teaching #zoomedu

Pat La Morte
Global EDU Solutions LeadZoom Video Communications
5 REPLIES 5

avalencia
Listener

Thank you Pat! This is wonderful news!! We are a catholic parish using Zoom for Religious Education or Faith Formation and we do have lots of students but we are not a school... could this option be available to us? If yes, would our fees go up? Thank you for your help with this. Blessings.

Pat_laMorte

Hello, 

I have great news!! You have it now! As long as you have updated your client to the latest version. You can turn it on by logging into your web browser client, and navigating down to "in-meeting advanced" in your settings.  Here is a link to a tutorial... https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6830843587962388481/

Pat La Morte

Thank you Pat! I found it... I was looking for the "Education" field... not the "Focus" field... 

kellymwey
Listener

I have a question about focus mode. If I, as the host, start focus mode, and then move with a student into a breakout room, does the rest of the main room (students/participants) stay in focus mode while I am gone?

Pat_laMorte

Yes, they should all stay in focus mode, as that is the chosen mode for the host account. 

Pat La Morte