cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can i view the "Premise Peering Design Guide"

johnmannarino
Listener

I want to connect a Ribbon SBC so that i can call between zoom phone and the on prem Mitel. There;s a form that states to review the design guide, but i cannot locate it.

8 REPLIES 8

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @johnmannarino 

Please find all the Ribbon configuration notes here:

https://support.sonus.net/display/IOT/Interoperability+Testing+Home

You will need a Ribbon login. This guide should have all the info to setup your trunk. A trunk will need to be requested via a zoom support ticket.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Unfortunately, the document listed on Ribbon for Zoom is 3 years old and is no longer valid. It doesn't mention anything about adding the Zoom root certs or any type of validation testing.

sachinzoom

Hello   @johnmannarino,

Please reach out to your account team so they can send you the Zoom Premise Peering design guide. 

Meanwhile, Most of the AudioCodes published info will be valid for the Ribbon or any SBC as well. Please download here:

https://www.audiocodes.com/media/14618/mediant-sbc-for-zoom-phone-with-generic-sip-trunk-configurati...

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Why do I need to reach out to the account team for this? This should be readily published like Zoom competitors. Also, Audiocodes configuration and Edgemarc configuration are not even close to the same.

sachinzoom

HI @johnmannarino 

Since these are functionalities needed by specific customers, there is an enablement process and relevant information like the guide is sent out. Please reach out to the account team or open a support ticket.

The reason, I suggested AudioCodes guide is because you can find a lot of guidance related to setting up an SBC to build a trunk.

sachinzoom

HI @johnmannarino 

Here is a good link which describes the cert needs for BYOC/BYOP.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360054176992-BYOC-BYOP-Public-CA-Certificate-and-SIP-proxy...

Hope that helps

This link no longer works. Please provide a new link.  

Thanks

Ami_88

Hi @johnmannarino 

Thank you for contacting Zoom.

I suggest that you refer to your Zooom Account Team / Zoom Support Team for the Premise Peering design guide which reflects steps on configuring your Zoom Tenant with premise peering (PSTN/PBX).

As mentioned by my colleague, this to discuss the scenario, make sure that process of implementation is clear and support with any questions also to enable the option from the backend to connect SBC to your Zoom Tenant.

In addition, the link on this support article for Ribbon SBC section should take you to Ribbbon configuration guide. If not updated, you will need to reach out to Ribbon as it has the configuration steps for the SBC itself.