cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using zoom on my MacBook Pro as well as my iPhone and iPad

Hila56
Listener

I already have Zoom on my iPhone and my iPad. I now have a MacBook Pro and want to use Zoom on this as well. How do I do this?

7 REPLIES 7

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Hila56 

You can download the Zoom desktop client software at: https://zoom.us/download

If you have a new MacBook Pro with an Apple Silicon processor (M1, or M2), but sure to click the link specifically for that. Once installed, you can sign into the Zoom application on your Mac with the same email address and password that you've used for zoom on your iPhone and iPad. There will be some Mac specific settings to play with in the app.

I hope that helps!

Craig

Hi Craig,

Can you help or direct me to someone who can help me help my wife improve her INCOMING audio on iPad zoom when her friend is playing guitar/singing on the other end?  Friend is using a webcam mic - is this the first place to start?  Can't find same audio settings as on desktop client in iPad app.

Many Thanks. Paul

FORE-Craig

Hi @PJ_Wass 

There aren't as many options for Audio in the Zoom app for iPad/iPhone like there are in the desktop application. As long as your wife's internet connection on the iPad is stable enough to receive the audio/video, and playback of audio works well on the iPad normally there shouldn't be a problem.

Ordinarily with this type of issue it has to do with microphone of the person sending the audio. I find that this is frequent issue for musicians who are using the wrong type of microphone. There is a settings in Zoom that musicians can use to turn off Zoom's Noise Suppression called Use Original Sound. There are a few other options in the the Musician may want to explore. You may want to forward the following to your wife's friend:

https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-play-music-on-zoom/

I hope that helps!

Craig

I have the same question and I downloaded and signed into zoom. But I don't have an app per say. I don't have an icon like I do on my phone and iPad. Then the problem is somehow it is connecting to my iPhone and they can't see me on my MacBook !! Help!

enielsen
Participant

Yep, just install the Zoom app on the new laptop. Note that only 1 laptop/desktop Zoom app can be logged into zoom at any one time.....

But 1 EACH of iPhone/desktop-laptop/ and iPad simultaneously, yes?

enielsen
Participant

Zoom only seems to restrict simultaneous logins on  laptop/desktop systems (not sure about chromebooks)