cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user account in cloud only no softphone or desk phone.has delegates.calls go to vm, no ringto deleg

dylanhunt
Attendee

back to my exec and assistants

have one exec whose account is in the cloud only. no active softphone, no physical deskphone. His phone is delegated to two exec assists. 

But when I call his number, none of his lines ring on the delegated phones the assistants have (soft or physical). the calls make a quick "chrip" (missed call) on the delegates phone, then go directly to vm. 

if I change from Voice mail to "fwd to extension" if the call is not answered, then I get a "missed call" on the delegated line, and naturally it rings on the extension we defined.

Is this normal behavior? 

Would a shared call Q or shared line do the same thing? 

I might have to conceed on a shared mailbox to have this work the way it did on call manager with just 3 steps. zoom is turning into 200 steps.  Arggghhh!!

6 REPLIES 6

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @dylanhunt 

What do you have set for his Call Handling in his Phone User Settings? (see attached). Something has to be set there.

I would suggest setting it to "Zoom Desktop Apps", and logging into his user account in the desktop app on your computer to test it properly. Try with Max Wait Time of "30 Seconds" to test. Make sure that you are within the Business Hours set as well during your testing.

I hope that helps!

Craig

dylanhunt
Attendee

yes, all those are set and working.

I find it amazing that  have a line delegated to a live running phone Zoom still considers the account (down).

This makes no sense. If an exec is traveling, his softphone is off, has not physical phone, his exec assist can't answer calls. 

I have tested this and unless the line is on an active account with a live softphone, or physical phone, the assigned DID's ring directly to voicemail. Zoom considers the line "down" . The delegated DIDs on assistants phone never ring. 

FORE-Craig

Hi @dylanhunt 

It worked though once you had logged into his account through a client for the first time, didn't it?

If he is not logged into a client now, delegation ringing will normally continue to work. It does for my boss and his assistant. 

You're welcome!

Craig

dylanhunt
Attendee

so you are saying that the account has to be active 1 time (via login) then delegation will work. yes? 

dylanhunt
Attendee

my problem was I did not login to the softphone client.  once I logged in using the zp app all was good.

The zoom account has to have logged into the softphone client at least 1 time for the delegated phones to ring when boss's app is off. 

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Great to know as I may need to do this too. Thanks for sharing these details.