cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to reinstall zoom app on Huawei smartphone, either from googleplay and from Appgallery.

Gelis
Listener

After uninstalling to zoom app on my Huawei P30pro, because was blocked, I cannot reinstall it anymore. I tried from Googleplay, from Appgallery and directly the apk from zoom website. It starts to install but then stops and say that cannot. Is there anyone that know how to solve it? Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi gelis,

does your huawei p30 pro meet current zoom requirements? 

• Android 5.0x or later
  • Android: Webkit (default), Chrome
  • Any 1 Ghz single core processor or better (non-Intel)

Zoom system requirements: iOS, iPadOS, and Android – Zoom Support

these are zoom's instructions for downloading the android mobile app.

Downloading the Zoom desktop client and mobile app – Zoom Support

thanks, eliot

Gelis
Listener

Yes, absolutely. I have EMUI 12 and every app updated. I tried to erase the cache of google play store and google services, as suggested by someone that had the same problem, but in my case it didn't work.  It looks like the program was not completely uninstalled, even though I cannot see it in the app list anywhere. It was working before, but at one point didn't work anymore. So, I uninstalled and tried to install it again, unsuccessfully. When I try to install it from App gallery of Huawei, it says: do you want to update the existing program? The only option to go on is to say OK, but finally doesn't work. It's really strange.  

Eliot

Zoom on the P40 Pro! - HUAWEI Community

video suggests installing from huawei app gallery->petal search->zoom

i have no experience with huawei.  i did have a similar issue with my iphone.  i took the phone to apple store.  they had me back up the phone to the cloud, did a factory reset, installed the latest ios and then did a restore from cloud.  after that everything worked.

maybe best idea is to contact huawei support and huawei community.

thanks,  eliot