cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Camping-out" on a phone line.

mrmartymac_scs
Listener

Greetings,

This is my first post to the community.  I did a search for "Camp" to see if anyone else had posted this request.  I found nothing related.  Perhaps there is another term with which I am not familiar.

We are a Zoom Phone user who migrated from an old PBX phone system.  We have been happily using Zoom Phone with few challenges we couldn't solve with documentation.  I would like to ask for a feature that allows a user to select an internal company contact to "camp-out" on their line.  This was the feature name on the PBX we used.  Here is the old scenario.  I pick up the phone to call Jane, but Jane is busy.  Rather than keep trying, I could press a feature key on the phone to tell the PBX to "camp-out on Jane's line and let me know when she hangs up."  When Jane hangs up, my phone would make a distinct sound to let me know Jane was free and it would offer to call Jane.

Since we can see if a contact is on another call right away, it would be nice to ask the app to "camp-out" on their line and let me know when they are done with their call/meeting.

I look forward to the comments/suggestions/ire this post may generate.

Have a nice day,

Marty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I've heard of the feature as "camp on" that works like that.  I think the closest thing is to right click on a contact in the desktop app or long press a contact on the mobile app and "notify when available".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

BrandonS

I've heard of the feature as "camp on" that works like that.  I think the closest thing is to right click on a contact in the desktop app or long press a contact on the mobile app and "notify when available".

Brandon,

I don't know how I missed that, but I did.  Thank you good Sir.

Regards,

Marty

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @mrmartymac_scs ,

I think that we call that "call parked" here at Zoom but I may be wrong. See if this is what you are looking for and please advise if not. I believe we have some features on the horizon that may fit your use case. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360042175291-Using-call-park

if not you can also add feature requests at zoom.us/feed as well. Many features are added to the platform based on feedback from this channel. 

Hope this helps. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi @YaBoiB ,

I am familiar with Parking calls.  We rely on that as it was also a feature of our old PBX.  Thankfully @BrandonS nailed it with his reply.

I appreciate your effort.

Regards,

Marty

Grandad
Listener

Hi zoom password not working