cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forwarding voicemail

chsu
Listener

Hello, 

This may seem like a silly question but I can't seem to find an answer for this: how do I forward a voicemail in the desktop app and phone? Our receptionist reviews the voicemails but can't forward them onto the intended recipient. 

In the Zoom application I am able to view/play/delete the voicemail but can't seem to forward it other than by downloading and sending the file. 

In the Zoom phone app I am able to forward using a litany of apps installed on my phone but unable to share it with Zoom. I click "Share with Zoom" and it asks if I want to start a meeting, odd! 

Any suggestions? or Can I make a request for a new feature? 

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Kev
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @chsu,

Zoom Phone doesn't have the ability to share individual voicemails. However, you can share the entire voicemail inbox of most extensions (if enabled by an admin). More information can be found in this support article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360033863991-Sharing-and-controlling-access-to-a-voicemail... 

This could be a potential workaround for your use case, since the receptionist is triaging voicemails for several people. If calls are being routed through another number (for example, the main company number), your admin can share the voicemail inbox with the relevant phone users. The receptionist can play and delete voicemails that don't need to be triaged. For voicemails that need to passed along to another user, they can either:

• notify that user of the date/time of the voicemail and the user can access the shared voicemail inbox to play it; or
  • download the voicemail file and send it to the user.

Hope that helps!

LeAnnEly
Listener

We worked around this issue by having the voicemail notifications delivered via email. The email includes an audio recording attachment which can be forwarded to the appropriate staff member. 

Good luck! 🙂

Did the audio recording show up automatically as part of the email notification, or was this something that had to be set up separately? 

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

There are options to include voicemail file, and transcriptions at the company level under Phone System Management > Company Info > Account Settings > Settings.

Craig