cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom phone webhooks for common room phones

callum-katene
Listener

Hello,

We are working with the webhooks API to build some reporting for Zoom Phones. It's going well, with the exception that are not getting webhook events for our common room phone. I have been through the application feature list and checked all Zoom Phone events. 

Does anyone have any ideas here please? 

Thanks,

Callum

3 REPLIES 3

townsendwc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@callum-katene 
Callum,

What specific events from the phone system for Common Area Phones are you not seeing?  I presume you have been through the API reference site found at https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-phone-api, correct?

callum-katene
Listener

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. This is my first post so hopefully the screenshots come out okay. 

This first screenshot shows the webhook events delivered for a single inbound call, which is abandoned. The call is being made to a Zoom phone associated with a user. The event names are the "event" field of the object. The trace is a little busy because this call rings on three different devices.

callumkatene_1-1640038899733.png

If we make the exact same call (inbound call to a Zoom DDI number) to a common area phone, no webhook events are received at all - none. The common area phone is completely functional in all other respects.  

However, if we call from the Zoom user's phone to the common area phone, details of the common area's phone appear in the zoom user's phone's events. But still no events for the common area phone itself. In the screenshot below the common area phone extension (999) is highlighted.

callumkatene_2-1640039493765.png

In the app feature config, I have selected every Zoom Phone event:

callumkatene_3-1640039652252.png

I have been through the documentation and can't see where I would need to specifically configure a common area phone to generate webhooks. I apologise for wasting anyone's time if it is there and I just haven't found it. Hopefully someone will have come across this before and will be able to point me to where my error is.

Thanks,

Callum

townsendwc

@callum-katene 
Callum,

That's definitely out of my wheelhouse.  Have you seen the Developers Forum?  That may have better information for what you are looking to do.  

https://devforum.zoom.us/latest

In the meantime, I'll look at internal docs to see if there is anything that needs to be flipped/enabled for you to get the data on Common Area Phones.