cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom phone still rings with MacOS Do Not Disturb on

KeepCold
Listener

Hello,

I am using the new Focus mode on the newest MacOS operating system and noticed Zoom Phone still rings even though I have blocked all app notifications when I have Do Not Disturb turned on. Any suggestions or ideas of why Zoom Phone is still ringing with this turned on?

Thank you,
Brandon

2 REPLIES 2

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Brandon,

The Focus mode on the Mac relates to notifications only. The ringtone for Zoom Phone is not a notification. It would be a great enhancement though for the Zoom app to  automatically set your Zoom status to follow your Mac's Focus mode!

You can set your Zoom status to Do Not Disturb in the Zoom app by clicking on your profile image/intials in the upper right-hand corner of the app.

I hope this helps!

Craig

Craig

byrdnick
Listener

Has the implied feature "for the Zoom app to  automatically set your Zoom status to follow your Mac's Focus mode" not been implemented more than two years after it was suggested here?

I cannot find a way to setup Zoom to silence incoming Zoom phone calls when I put any of my Apple devices into "Do Not Disturb" mode.

I found ways to "Hide incoming calls while in a meeting" and to forward calls.

However, I don't want work voicemails in my personal inbox and I often need to hide incoming calls to my work number when I'm not in a Zoom meeting.

Surely Zoom should have a Settings checkbox to hide all incoming calls when my OS tells it that I'm in "Do Not Disturb" mode. No? (Or am I just overlooking the setting that I am seeking?)