cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom phone cuts out every second on other end when using app on cellphone

USMC
Listener

I have the zoom app installed on my cellphone. When using the dialer, and making phone calls, I can't hear the person on the other end. I can hear sounds but it cuts out every split second so I'm basically just getting a bunch of bleeps. It works fine when using zoom on my computer. I am connected to wi-fi and have about 90 mbs download and 35 upload. I tried it on only cellular and had the same issue. I tried going through my apps and uninstalling any I don't use and even deleted a few like Ring and a few others that I thought might help. I also uninstalled and reinstalled zoom along with restarting my phone. I'm lost on what to do. I'm thinking about doing a restore on my phone but thought I'd check to see if anyone else has experienced this or knows what could be causing it before jumping to that. The phone is a Samsung S22 Ultra. Thanks for the help 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi usmc,

maybe your cell phone carrier does not have enough signal strength. What down and up speeds are you getting on your cell phone?  Try Speedtest.net

you might try switching your call to your cell phone carrier.  Another possibility is to switch cell phone carrier. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360054698331

BrianLarremore
Listener

I am experiencing the same exact issue and have been for a while. I also tried a new phone so this is a new S21 Ultra that did not solve the issue. It is not my data from the phone carrier since most of the time it is working off my home WIFI @ 1g up & down. Any other PC works fine for calls, but the actual mobile app from the Google Play Store has not worked for me. It would be great if someone was able to resolve this.

Eliot

hi

May be an issue with Samsung.  One user reported on samsung community that clearing cache fixed the problem with dropping zoom conference calls.

ZOOM calls being dropped. I can't use this phone.
(Topic created: 04-20-2022 06:38 PM)
DeborahC

Asteroid
OPTIONS
‎04-20-2022 06:38 PM in

Galaxy S22
Ultra 22 is dropping my ZOOM conference calls. WHY?
1 Solution
DeborahC
Asteroid
OPTIONS
‎04-24-2022 03:05 PM in

Galaxy S22
Phone was fully updated when calls when being dropped. After this post I cleared cache. Then I just decided to uninstall the app and then I reinstalled it. I didn’t have any issues when I used it this morning. Thanks.

Solved: ZOOM calls being dropped. I can't use this phone. - Samsung Community - 2252217

Current zoom android release was April 18, 2023 version 5.14.5 (13340).  Have you tried this version?

Release notes for Android – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot