cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom phone call sequential mode

Sander02
Listener

Hi,

We are using the zoom phone solution with 4 users and have the queue in sequential mode.

I would like to have it setup that when user one is not available, user 2 will immediately gets the call.

The problem we experience now is, the ring rotation is set to 10 sec, but often I'm not quick enough to pick up the call and so it goes to my colleague. Now I can set it to 15 sec, but we found oud that if my phone is off, the caller still needs to wait for 15 sec. So that is no option.

There is an option "Skip offline devices and phone numbers when ringing" but the disadvantage is that when it is enabled, users with their phone screen locked are skipped. I have not tested it yet, but this sounds like a useless option, because most of the time a screen of a mobile phone is locked.  Why it that?

And I'm missing a "make unavailable" option in the zoom mobile app. I can only logout, but that is not so handy, then I need to logon with username/password and mfa. I just like to have the option to quickly make myself available/unavailable.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @Sander02,

On the IPhone Zoom app, click on the “More …” icon at the bottom of the screen, then the Phone settings. There you’ll see the Receive Queue Calls switch.  If it is on, you’ll see the queues you are a member of. You can either turn off Receive Queue Calls to not be active on any queue, it turn on/off any specific queue.

Taking yourself out of the queue should solve the problem. 

Please let me know if this helps!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Sander02
Listener

Thanks for your quick answer and solution.

Someone else hopefully can answer my first question.

Ray_Harwood

Glad to help, @Sander02 .  I’m not sure there is a solution to your first question/dilemma

– other than being sure to set yourself out of queue if your phone is off.

Are you also taking calls on your PC/Mac?  Or only on phones?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Queue members only use phone.

Why zoom phone would skip locked phones when the option

"Skip offline devices and phone numbers when ringing" is enabled. A phone is not offline when the screen is locked. Every device is locking in like 15-30 sec by default when nog using is. This is for both security and battery saving.

Sander02
Listener

deleted