cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom assistant - phone widget is not popping up for our power pack user

span
Listener

Hello,

We have 3 Zoom power pack users, but one of them does not have the widget for Zoom assistant when they log in to their Zoom app. I checked that the toggle is on and running the latest version (5.14.0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Did this work and then stop? If yes, this may be relevant.  It is an email I got from Zoom a few days ago:

Dear Valued Customer,

In our upcoming March release, Zoom Assistant for Zoom Phone will be available to all Zoom Phone Pro users. With this release, you will see changes to your web controls to help ensure an uninterrupted experience for your Power Pack licensed users with the Desktop Power UX turned ON. Please see below for details.

If your users have a Power Pack license assigned only for analytics functionality and all of them have the Desktop Power UX turned OFF, then you will see

• Zoom Assistant OFF at the account level
  • Zoom Assistant OFF for each of the users with the Power Pack license 

If any of your users have a Power Pack license assigned and have the Desktop Power UX turned ON, then you will see 

• Zoom Assistant will be ON at the account level
  • Zoom Assistant will be ON only for users with Desktop Power UX turned ON
  • Zoom Assistant will be OFF for users with Desktop Power UX turned OFF

Admins can control access to Zoom Assistant at the account and user levels.

• Account-wide: Once released, to change the Zoom Assistanttoggle for your entire account, navigate to Account Management > Account Settings > Meetings > Zoom Assistant 
  • For specific users: Once released, to change the Zoom Assistanttoggle for a specific user within your account, navigate to Phone System Management > Users & Rooms > [User] > User Settings > Desktop Power User

Once released, end users who have this feature turned ON can toggle visibility of Zoom Assistant in the web portal or desktop client. 

• In the web portal by navigating to Personal > Phone Settings > Zoom Assistant 
  • Via desktop client
    • Hide the Zoom Phone Assistant panel by clicking on their avatar and selecting "Close Assistant
    •  Hide/show the client preference by navigating to Settings > General tab > Zoom Assistant > Phone Checkbox

For questions regarding Zoom Assistant for Zoom Phone Power Pack, please contact Zoom Support or your Customer Success Manager.

Team Zoom

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

enielsen
Participant

Make sure is enabled in the Zoom app's settings. 

Seems like the Zoom Assistant toggle in the user's settings in the Web Portal is ignored now as I can turn that off and on and the assistant doesn't change at all. 

Where can I find this setting in the app?

enielsen
Participant

Settings/General/Zoom Assistant

Sorry, really not finding the zoom assistant under General. Could you send a screenshot to show me where it can be found?

Thanks!

enielsen
Participant

It is below the Zoom Updates section and above the Theme section

I restarted Zoom, logged out, logged back in, restarted computer, still not there.

enielsen
Participant

Do you have a power pack license? Wondering if that is the issue, though I believe that with the latest releases, powerpack just gives the zoom assistant access to extra widgets for call queues and such.

Otherwise maybe de-install and re-install?

Yes, we do have power pack license. The zoom assistant is critical for our CS reps. 

Tried uninstall and reinstall, no dice.

enielsen
Participant

Sounds like a bug then, I guess you need to open a ticket with Zoom. 

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @span 

Can you try removing the ZP power pack license and assigning it back to the user ? After that enable it on user settings. Please see if that helps

BrandonS

Did this work and then stop? If yes, this may be relevant.  It is an email I got from Zoom a few days ago:

Dear Valued Customer,

In our upcoming March release, Zoom Assistant for Zoom Phone will be available to all Zoom Phone Pro users. With this release, you will see changes to your web controls to help ensure an uninterrupted experience for your Power Pack licensed users with the Desktop Power UX turned ON. Please see below for details.

If your users have a Power Pack license assigned only for analytics functionality and all of them have the Desktop Power UX turned OFF, then you will see

• Zoom Assistant OFF at the account level
  • Zoom Assistant OFF for each of the users with the Power Pack license 

If any of your users have a Power Pack license assigned and have the Desktop Power UX turned ON, then you will see 

• Zoom Assistant will be ON at the account level
  • Zoom Assistant will be ON only for users with Desktop Power UX turned ON
  • Zoom Assistant will be OFF for users with Desktop Power UX turned OFF

Admins can control access to Zoom Assistant at the account and user levels.

• Account-wide: Once released, to change the Zoom Assistanttoggle for your entire account, navigate to Account Management > Account Settings > Meetings > Zoom Assistant 
  • For specific users: Once released, to change the Zoom Assistanttoggle for a specific user within your account, navigate to Phone System Management > Users & Rooms > [User] > User Settings > Desktop Power User

Once released, end users who have this feature turned ON can toggle visibility of Zoom Assistant in the web portal or desktop client. 

• In the web portal by navigating to Personal > Phone Settings > Zoom Assistant 
  • Via desktop client
    • Hide the Zoom Phone Assistant panel by clicking on their avatar and selecting "Close Assistant
    •  Hide/show the client preference by navigating to Settings > General tab > Zoom Assistant > Phone Checkbox

For questions regarding Zoom Assistant for Zoom Phone Power Pack, please contact Zoom Support or your Customer Success Manager.

Team Zoom

enielsen
Participant

I believe some of the above is out of sync with reality - I'm pretty sure the web portal no longer has the "desktop power user" setting or is just renamed "Zoom Assistant - Phone".

Right now I have my Web Portal "Zoom Assistant" turned off, and the Zoom app "Zoom Assistant" turned on, and I see the assistant. (I do have powerpack as well). Haven't gone through all the permutations to see what has changed with the weekend release (including using zoom assistant when no zoom phone license).

LoL, just found another setting - in Zoom User management for a user (not Zoom Phone Users&Rooms), there is an Settings/Other/Zoom Assistant toggle (that is on for me) and a checkbox for phone. unchecking that box removes the assistant and looks to be sync'd with the Zoom app Zoom Assistant-Phone checkbox.

So the Personal/Phone/Settings/Zoom Assistant section looks to be there for just configuring the powerpack widgets in the assistant.

Thank you! This fixed it for me as well.

enielsen
Participant

With that zoom email, I don't understand why they use the phrase "Desktop Power UX", when that is not used anywhere in the web portal or Zoom app that I've seen.

Even their doc https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403706346125-Using-the-Desktop-Power-User-experience-Powe... uses "Desktop Power User experience".

But even that is only used there. Everywhere else is called "Zoom Assistant" so I don't know why they made things more confusing by inserting new terminology.

And the instructions saying:

• For specific users: Once released, to change the Zoom Assistanttoggle for a specific user within your account, navigate to Phone System Management > Users & Rooms > [User] > User Settings > Desktop Power User

are not correct, the location is: 

Phone System Management > Users & Rooms > [User] > User Settings > Zoom Assistant - Phone

at least in my zoom web portal!