cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom app 5.8.3 for Zoom Phone Appliance causes External Contacts to not show

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

The Zoom app update 5.8.3 for Zoom Phone Appliance stopped showing the External Contacts on Yealink Zoom Phone Appliance VP59 devices (HaaS). These contacts were setup on the Zoom portal under Phone System Management > Company Info > Account Settings > External Contacts and appeared correctly under version 5.8.0.

Craig
9 REPLIES 9

Kimmy
Listener

I'm   Interested

ChrisO
Note Taker

Do they appear under "All Contacts" >> "Imported Contacts"? This is where they seem to have moved on the Windows App at least.

ChrisO_0-1636657047183.png

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

FORE-Craig

They do appear in Imported on the Mac desktop and iOS apps, however there isn't an Imported group in Contacts on the Zoom Phone Appliance version. They don't show anywhere.

Craig

Unfortunately, I do not have a Zoom phone appliance to work with only a generic Yealink T54W desk phone.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

FORE-Craig

I appreciate the thought, Chris! 

Craig

naveen
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@FORE-Craig -ZPA 5.8.0 will show all contacts under People and no splitting . I guess the new enhancement on ZPA 5.8.3 will split the contacts similar to the desktop app.  As per the zoom support page, the backend server update planned 14th-Nov Release-notes-for-November-15-2021 ,  so some features might be depending on a backend server update.. better to wait for backend server release &  see if it works.

FORE-Craig

Thank you for that piece of information, @naveen ! We'll see, although it's hard for me to believe that they would still show up on the Mac desktop client under Imported, and not at all on the Android-based Zoom Phone Appliance app; I would imagine that the backend data server API is the same. 

Craig

naveen

@FORE-Craig - Yeah it makes sense..  I manage to get the VP59 device and noticed the same, no "Imported Contacts".. when I search the External Contacts manually and it's showing...we need to submit a  Zoom support ticket.. 

FORE-Craig

Yes, as I suspected, the backend changes didn't change anything. 

I am the owner of our account for 5 Unlimited US/Canada Zoom Phone members, but we are not Pro on Zoom Meetings, so my support tickets get refused. 

Craig