cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phones Caller ID

mtavani
Listener

Just getting our company up and running with Zoom Phones. My question is about ensuring Caller ID is set up properly. I have a local number assigned to me. When I look in my settings, it says that caller ID is set to my company name, but when I test it, the phone number appears without my company name. What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @mtavani 

The Caller ID Name will be the same for everyone in the company, regardless of the Caller ID Number that you select there. Are you in the USA? It does take some time for the names to propagate to the Caller ID Name Databases of the receiving party phone services. 

This article should help explain it:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360031768431#h_122140f0-5172-495d-b1cc-52ee8caea7fe

I hope this helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

FORE-Craig

Hi @mtavani 

The Caller ID Name that appears for all of your numbers is set in the Zoom web portal under Admin > Phone System Management > Company Info. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

mtavani
Listener

Hi @FORE-Craig ,

Thanks for your reply.

I do have that set, but I believe the problem is that the number I am actually calling out from is the assigned local number, not the main company number. When I look at the settings for me as an individual (Personal>Phone>Settings), Outbound Caller ID says both my company's name and my local phone number, but when I have tested it, I only see the phone number, no name. Any ideas?

FORE-Craig

Hi @mtavani 

The Caller ID Name will be the same for everyone in the company, regardless of the Caller ID Number that you select there. Are you in the USA? It does take some time for the names to propagate to the Caller ID Name Databases of the receiving party phone services. 

This article should help explain it:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360031768431#h_122140f0-5172-495d-b1cc-52ee8caea7fe

I hope this helps!

Craig

mtavani
Listener

Thank you!

FORE-Craig

You're welcome!

Craig

Hi Craig, how do we set different caller ID's for different phone numbers? 

FORE-Craig

Hi @Ben14 

The Caller ID Name is set at Site-level for all phones numbers associated with a given Site in the Zoom web portal under Admin > Phone System Management > Company Info > Site Profile. There is an option in Site Policy as to whether you'll allow Users to Select the Outbound Caller ID when placing a call. 

Then the User can set their default Outbound Caller ID Number in the web portal under Personal > Phone > Settings. The options will include the Main Company Number, their own Direct Dial Phone Number, any Shared Line Appearance / Group Numbers, and Call Queues with Direct Phone Numbers. Remember though that the name is fixed for the Site.

At any point when placing a call with the Zoom computer app, mobile app, or Zoom Phone Appliance app they can switch when placing a call.

Does that help?

This gives you pretty much all of the info about Caller ID:

Craig