cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone trial is over, now how do I delete test imported contacts?

JanelleD
Listener

We are in the process of switching from Teams Voice to Zoom Phones and during the trial period, I imported 9 contacts to test the importing process.  We will be linking our Office365 contacts when we go live but now I can't seem to get rid of these 9 contacts.  I am also an admin for the Zoom account but I cannot find if there is an admin permission that I need to check in order to remove these contacts.  Any help page I find on Zoom points me to the Contact Management section in my web portal but I don't even have that option, I can only see Personal Contacts.  Any help would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

That is indeed odd. I suggest that you submit a support request at https://zoom.us/feed. There's no need to wait for your number to be ported. Mention that you had imported them two years ago when you started testing.

😊 

Craig

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

FORE-Craig

Hi Janelle,

The Contacts that appear under "Imported Contacts" in the Zoom app interface are known as "External Contacts" in the Zoom web portal. You can find them under Admin > Phone System Management > Company Info (Account Settings) > External Contacts. The naming seems a little weird to me, but these are the contacts that would be visible to everyone in Zoom Phone.

The Personal Contacts under Personal in the Zoom web portal would be a way to import a list of contacts for the individual Zoom user. Note that a new import erases what was there previously. They appear in the Zoom apps as "Business Contacts".

The Office365 contacts are linked under Personal >Profile toward the bottom of the page in a group named 'Others'. These would be the Zoom users real contacts from their own contacts list. They appear in the Zoom apps as "Cloud Contacts".

The naming was changed several months ago in the Zoom apps to what I've mentioned above. It is rather convoluted in my opinion. I submitted an Enhancement Request to standardize the names to something that would make sense from the user's perspective such as: My Contacts, Company Contacts, Imported Contacts. Feel free to submit add a vote for the enhancement by letting them know how confusing it is at: zoom.us/feed .

I hope this helps!

Craig

JanelleD
Listener

I think the problem may be that when we tested Zoom phones two years ago, that is when we imported those contacts because they are not showing in the external contacts at all, they are only showing in the desktop app.  I tested the import again last night of just two contacts and saw them in the external contacts, which did give me the option to delete,  so I think the problem may be deeper than just importing to overwrite the existing contacts already there.

FORE-Craig

Hi Janelle,

In which group do they appear in the Zoom desktop app?

Craig

JanelleD
Listener

They show in the Imported Contacts section on the app. Hopefully you can see the screenshot below

JanelleD_1-1660658277622.png

FORE-Craig

Yes, I can see the screenshot. That is odd. When you tested the import last night into External Contacts, where did the new contacts appear in the desktop app? Do you have more than one company/organization set up?

Craig

JanelleD
Listener

They were under External Contacts in the web portal and that is where I was able to delete those two contacts I imported.  We only have one organization so not sure what is happening.  I will be working with Zoom on the issue once we have our number ported from Microsoft Teams.

FORE-Craig

That is indeed odd. I suggest that you submit a support request at https://zoom.us/feed. There's no need to wait for your number to be ported. Mention that you had imported them two years ago when you started testing.

😊 

Craig