cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone setup issues

ssmarnold
Listener

I just signed up for a zoom phone basic package for$15/month. I received an email that  my phone number has been activated; however, I tried to make calls to external numbers I got this message from the system "Sorry the requested service is not available in your calling plan".  I am not sure how to set it up. I want to use my mobile phone number. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

ssmarnold
Listener

I also noticed that it does not show my phone number.  Not sure what to do. See attached.

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @ssmarnold,

First time setup is a bit of a hurdle for most people.  Please see this post which helped one user:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Phone-System/New-to-ZOOM-phone-and-trying-not-to-completely-HATE-it-Ne... 

Also, I'm willing to help walk you through some of the initial setup... and everybody wants something a little different.  If you'll enable Private Messaging here on the Zoom Community, I'll work with you on the details without exposing your personal information.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

The post referenced here does not provide step-by-step instructions for setting up your phone system. Like this person, I just ported our phone numbers over and our customers are receiving a busy signal. I'm not able to connect the ported number with our account. I have spent several hours now perusing the community. I am very close to finding another service after just one day! That must be a record. If its such a common hurdle, maybe they should think about lowering it.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @seanfletcher.

I agree with you – the Zoom Phone documentation is geared toward larger company phone experts … not the average small company.  The difficulty is that the options are many. Do you want your phone number routed to one phone, to an IVR, to a directory, to a group pickup?

Happy to help directly if I can.  See my GoodClix link below, follow the Let’s Meet menu to my Calendly page, and I’ll look at your setup via share screen. No charge for 30 minute session.  I’m a one person Zoom Events producer, and have had Zoom Phone for a couple of years now. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !