cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone in business

Virbonus
Listener

I am considering moving our bookstore from comcast to Zoom phone but have several concerns.

1. All workstations will need a deskset so I'd be acquiring Poly VVX D230 phones. Most of our staff have never used Zoom and are computer illiterate. Can I just place a deskset at their station and have it treated like a regular phone? Is there some sort of login that would have to be done at that station?

2. I don't so much have users as I have workstations. During the day different people will occupy any given workstation. Would I just add the workstation  as the user or do I need to enter the individual names of the people who will be working there?

3. We currently have 6 incoming lines that roll over in the event that the main number is busy. Would I just add additional phone numbers to my plan and then have the ability as the admin to effectively create the same situation?

4 REPLIES 4

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I've just set up a similar situation for a small client that only uses desk phones and zero mobile or desktop or web.

#1 and #2 are no concern, but #3 you may want to consider because you cannot have 6 line appearances like you currently do and just put a call on line 2 on hold and then call (or shout) to someone to pickup line 2, for example.

I suggest you review the call queue and shared line group features and limitations to decide it if it will work for you and your users.

Here is a comparison of methods.  You can safely ignore auto receptionist for the purpose of what you are asking.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360039141752-Comparison-of-call-routing-methods

Virbonus
Listener

Thank you. What I was trying to get at with #3 is the situation where 2 (or more) different people call the main number and one of the staff has answered the first caller so the main number is busy.

BrentG-ZP
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I would recommend setting up an AutoReceptionist / Call queue for this number.

This will allow you to put multiple users (or all of them) in a group, if someone picks up the first call then the rest of the team not on a call can answer the next inbound call and so on. If no one answers, there is an overflow option to leave a voicemail or route to an external number or any number of other options.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360021524831-Managing-call-queues

BrandonS

With shared line group every phone could have a single button reprinting the main line. There is no effective limit to inbound calls, but putting the call on hold does not appear and flash on the other phones for someone else to easily pick up. Some people that is a deal breaker for, but you can learn to transfer calls easy enough and also to park and retrieve calls which is similar to hold, but a bit more cumbersome.