cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone company numbers

sineadlyonstt
Listener

Hi 

Can someone please help me . we are going live with Zoom phone soon and i have assigned phone numbers and ext to 20 users . so each have there own log on . We have two company phone numbers that i am currently getting ported over but my question is if an employee logs in on there mobile phone and the desktop , how when someone rings the company numbers does it reconsige to go to that employee . im confused 

1 REPLY 1

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi sineadlyonstt,

Automatically, zoom phone sets up an auto receptionist.  Usually, your company numbers are assigned to the auto receptionist.  Once a call comes in on one of these numbers, the auto receptionist will route the call as you have directed for normal business hours, closed hours and holidays.  please see:

Managing auto receptionists – Zoom Support

(40) Configure an Auto Receptionist - YouTube

One possibility is to route the calls to a interactive voice response (ivr) system which routes the calls based on what the caller wants to do.  The caller is given recorded message such as:

For sales, press 1 (connects call to sales queue)

For support, press 2 (connects call to support queue)

For human resources, press 3 (connect calls to hr queue)

Creating an interactive voice response system – Zoom Support

you need to set up your queues such as the sales, support and hr queues.  In the queues you identify which users are to be assigned to which queue.  Users can be assigned to more than one queue.

For example, assume someone calls in on the company number and wants to speak to someone in sales.  the caller hears “For sales, Press 1”.  The caller presses 1 and is connected to the sales queue.  Members in the sales queue will get the call and assist the caller.

Managing call queues – Zoom Support

You can test all this by using temporary direct inward dial (did) numbers that will be replaced with your actual company numbers when you port these numbers.  When you port your existing company numbers, enter an existing temporary phone number that will be replaced with the ported number when the porting process is complete. This allows you to use a temporary phone number during the porting process. Note: Specifying an existing phone number will not use additional licenses.

Requesting a number port for US, Canada, or Puerto Rico – Zoom Support

Thanks,  eliot