cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone change email address for user

DOTC
Listener

We have employees that leave or get fired a lot, and people don't think to notify me about it. So, by the time I need to edit the Zoom account, the mailbox is gone. Is there no way to just change the email? It's frustrating from the admin side that I can't just do that and go on with my day. Instead, I'm left to delete the account and start another one running through all the configurations. It's annoying. I've setup aliases for the email accounts and never even receive an email from Zoom. Same thing goes for when someone's mailbox is still there. Never get a confirmation email from Zoom. This has been going on for some time now. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@DOTC , as a Zoom Phone admin you can create a user template and apply that to any new user that you'll be adding to the system. You can do that by either going to Company Info>Select The Site>Settings>Templates or go to users&rooms select a user whose profile you think you can use as a basis of your template, click the ellipsis at the far right portion of the user profile and select Save to Template.

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the -Accept as Solution- button below.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

IP-Man

@DOTC , as a Zoom Phone admin you can create a user template and apply that to any new user that you'll be adding to the system. You can do that by either going to Company Info>Select The Site>Settings>Templates or go to users&rooms select a user whose profile you think you can use as a basis of your template, click the ellipsis at the far right portion of the user profile and select Save to Template.

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the -Accept as Solution- button below.

Cheers!

I'm not sure what you mean by "the mailbox is gone". As a Zoom Admin, you can indeed modify a user's name, email address, and other demographic details on on the web portal under Admin > User Management > Users.(atssa)

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @DOTC,

I'm not sure what you mean by "the mailbox is gone".  As a Zoom Admin, you can indeed modify a user's name, email address, and other demographic details on on the web portal under Admin > User Management > Users.

Craig

When I try to change a user's email address it sends a verification email to the old user to allow it. Now, I did have to change from Owner when we setup the account to a regular admin. Can the account owner change login emails without issue? 

FORE-Craig

I understand! You mean that the person in your organization who administers the email accounts has already deleted the former employee's email account? 

Have you tried just changing the former employee's Zoom sign-in password, then logging into their Zoom profile with the with their email address/reset password and changing the email address? I don't know if when a user themselves changes the email address if the confirmation email is still sent to the old sign-in email account before the change is activated. 

In any event, it seems to me personally that the suggestion made by @IP-Man to create templates for the various profile types of users in your organization would be a cleaner way to address the situation. You could then Deactivate/Delete the former employee's User account, and create a new User account for the replacement employee by applying the template, and then modifying the personal demographic details. The only downside of the templates is that it doesn't automatically link the new User to Call Queues. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

zac2021

@DOTC Changing account owner login email address should not be an issue. The is the same procedure as Changing the account owner. You may find the instructions here. The new email address (new owner) has to be added first as a user with Admin role into the account.

When an Admin/Owner user role changes an email address for one of the member users in the account, the system will always send an email confirmation for the change. No way out of this process for security reasons. More here about user email address change, what is expected, pre-requisite and instructions.

User management MACs (move, add & changes) is tedious and manual process as your users grow. These can be solved with SSO and Associated domains. Please have a look to support articles below for more details:

Getting Started with SSO
Getting Started with Associated Domains

-----------------
If this answers your questions/issues, please mark this as "Accept as Solution" or you may provide more feedback for us to understand more your issue.

HuckFinn-ZP

Hi DOTC,

Good day. You can do change the email address of the user. Please see below support page for the detailed steps. Please do note that it will include the Zoom meeting profile of the user. I hope this helps.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362563-Changing-the-email-associated-with-your-account

willjoe
Attendee
How to change the sign-in email
  1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Profile.
  3. Under Sign In, click Edit next to Sign-In Email.
  4. Enter the new email address.
  5. Enter your password (for accounts with work email sign-in method).
  6. Click Save Changes.

Regards

Willjoe