cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone and Zoom Meetings

askdannyb
Listener

Is there a way to be on a zoom phone call and attend a zoom meeting at the same time? I have found it frustrating to have to choose one over the other. I am on a call to get information and but also attend team meetings, even if its just listen and get notes. Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

jefrancisco4
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@askdannyb , 

What I could suggest it for you to use Zoom Desktop Application if ever you will be joining meeting and use your Zoom mobile app if in case you will be accepting phone calls. As long as you use two separate applications you should be able to join both at the same time but using different Zoom application instances (mobile and desktop app).

Have any of these answered your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution.

@jefrancisco4 Thank you. I will try it out.

krisddd
Listener

Boo. So you can't answer a Zoom phone call while in a Zoom meeting unless you have two devices? Ugh, reason enough not to switch business to Zoom phone service. 

@krisddd  Thank you. Yeah frustrating as heck. I have my cell. I am going to play with it to see if I can do both simultaneously. Thanks again for the great feedback.

jefrancisco4

@krisddd 
No, you can answer a Zoom call while in a Zoom meeting while on 1 device however it will mute the audio on the Zoom meeting. It will not cause you to be disconnected on the meeting but will just mute the audio (It only allows 1 audio to be used at time). Once you are done with the Zoom call you can, press the join audio in the Zoom meeting and you will be able to hear the meeting again.

If the goal is to hear both Zoom meeting and Zoom Call at the same time on the whole duration of the meeting and not loose the audio, that is why I advise him to use another device so there will be no interruptions.

Thanks.