cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone User location

jagomez26
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Where can I access the real-time and historical location information of Zoom Phone users?

5 REPLIES 5

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @jagomez26 

If the reference is to user's Emergency locations, provided users update them, you can find the locations under Dashboard.  Please refer this KB here to understand the details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360054398111

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

jagomez261
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Not necessarily emergency locations, the client requests to know whether the user is located inside or outside their offices. The inquiry is coming from Colombia, and my understanding is that to use emergency services, it is required that the provider of the public central lines sends a special signaling, is that correct?

Or, can we use this service to know the user's location without the need for signaling from the provider? Is it possible to know in real-time and obtain a historical report?

sachinzoom

Hi @jagomez261 

Currently no way to get this info other than Emergency locations ( If the user makes an emergency call ). 

If the customers want users to use Zoom phone only when in office, They can turn on Allowed locations under Account management -> Account settings -> Zoom phone and restrict by the public and private address range. This way, users only if detected in office locations will be able to make / receive zoom phone calls.

Obviously you can add other IP ranges, which could be a home location too. In the call logs, you will see the IPs where users are detected.

Hope that helps. If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Boyan
Attendee

I agree with the principles of the way location restriction is currently implemented, but a savvy user can easily use VPN and then bypass this policy so it's definitively flawed, IMHO but that's not a "Zoom thing" - it's the reality we live in. 

I wonder if there's a way to interrogate the app for actual underlying hardware location metadata? 

sachinzoom

Hi @Boyan It also will lead to privacy concerns ( IMHO ) and hence such features have to be very carefully designed. Currently, As I mentioned, emergency locations are the closest options