Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone User - Disable Incoming Calls when on a call

boylensupport
Listener

Hi all,

I am hoping for a solution here. 

I have a staff member who only uses Zoom Phone via the mobile app.

He is not part of our main call flow, so he does not receive the incoming calls from the main auto-attendant / number.

Only we can transfer calls to him, or customers can contact him via his external number.

When he's on a call, when another call comes in, it disrupts his current call which is frustrating. Is there a way we can setup the Zoom profile for him to send incoming calls to voice mail when he's busy? 

I know the desktop app changes your status to busy, but mobile does not have this functionality?

Are there any options for only mobile users? I presume there would be, please advise.

Kind regards,

Adam

11 REPLIES 11

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Adam,

There aren't any options specific to the Zoom mobile apps pertaining to this. I know that for me with an iPhone, I have the option for Use CallKit switched on in Settings > General, which sends all Zoom phone calls through the standard iPhone Phone interface. When I am on a call using Zoom Phone and receive another call through Zoom Phone or my mobile number directly, it just makes a subtle beep sound and give me the options to Hold + Accept, or Deny. If I select Deny or ignore it,  the calls goes to my Zoom Phone voicemail. I don't find it too intrusive.

I don't know if a similar option exists for Android-based phones.

I hope that helps!

Craig

While using an Zoom Phone on an Ipad, is it possible to mute call notification as well as hide notification for an incoming call. When I am teaching a class, I have music playing from iPad that gets interrupted by a loud call. Also, during a sales presentation, using Kiosk mode on iPad, I do not want to be interrupted by a ring.

Single user and Zoom Phone number. 

Can I mute or have the call go directly to voicemail?

FORE-Craig

Hi @Ninja

Would you mind posting this as new new separate post since it doesn't relate to this post, please! If you also state in the post which device categories (mobile app, desktop app, desk phone) you are using for Zoom Phone, I can better advise you.

Thank you!

Craig

Hey Ninja,

I would also like to know the answer to your question. When i am on the phone with a client, i receive other phone calls that interrupt my current call. The ringing will not stop and it displays a very large notification in the middle of my screen. I don't want it to happen anymore, its a very big inconvenience. So if you received an answer, please let me know!!

@Ninja 

FORE-Craig

Hi @Ninja and @lenatyping 

If you wish stop prevent other calls from annoying you when you are on another Zoom Phone call, you can set the Call Handling: When I'm busy on another call option to "Forward to voicemail/videomail" on the Zoom web portal under Personal > Phone > Settings

If you don't want calls to come through when you at school, doing a presentation of just otherwise don't want to be bothered you can set your Presence Status to "Do not disturb" in the Zoom app's Settings:

Android | iOS

1. Sign in to the Zoom mobile app.
  2. In the bottom-right corner, tap More (iOS) or Settings (Android).
  3. Tap your name.
  4. Tap the field that contains the current presence status.
  5. Tap a status to change it:
    • Available
    • Away
    • Do Not Disturb
      • Tap this option to choose how long you want to have Do Not Disturb enabled, then tap Confirm.
      • (Optional) Tap the toggle next to Scheduled Daily Recurring and select the time window to automatically enable the Do Not Disturb presence status between that time window every day.

I hope that helps!

Craig

boylensupport
Listener

Thanks, Craig,

Andriod does not have that setting, not sure what else to do in this case besides trying to set up a new caller queue and place the staff member into it.

Kind regards,

Adam

boylensupport
Listener

I have managed to get this working now by setting up a specific caller queue, setting  Receive calls while on a call to off and the "Max call queue to 0", and setting the overflow to our mainline. 

Thank you.

FORE-Craig

Excellent, Adam! Does it work when when customers, or internal users dial his extension directly? Or, did you move his DID and extension number to be that of the Call Queue?

Thank you!

Craig

boylensupport
Listener

Hi Craig, 

I moved his direct number to the new Call Queue. Added him as a member of the call queue.

Disabled "Recieve calls while on a call" setting in the Call Queue settings.

This works when external users dial his extension directly. If he is on a call, I've set the overflow to go to our main business Call Queue so the external caller can speak to someone. 

Thank you.