cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone Dial by Name Directory audio prompt

Dlemesurier
Listener

Can the 'dial-by-name' directory audio prompts be changed to match the IVR voice settings?

The default voice within the 'dial-by-name' directory is quiet jarring next to the IVR selected voice. It comes off as unprofessional.

6 REPLIES 6

Manny5429
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Dlemesurier As fo the moment, our Dial by name uses a default English voice. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.54.44 PM.png

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the -Accept as Solution- button below.

This is NOT the answer I was hoping for at all.   Dlemesurier was spot on accurate in stating that this is VERY unprofessional sounding.  To the point that I do not even want to use the dial by directory feature if this is the only audio supporting it.  PLEASE consider changing this, it is details like this that make Zoom seem like it is not ready for enterprise quality.

I agree with @Dlemesurier.  I suggest you allow for the upload or recording of our own voice talent instead of using a canned, irritating voice.

Greetings. Is the Dial By Name still a default English voice?

Manny5429

@Dlemesurier 

If my reply solved your discussion don’t forget to mark reply as the solution. Thanks!

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the -Accept as Solution- button below.

Just adding my name to the list of users who would like to be able to select the voice for the DBN directory from the list of voices available elsewhere in the system.