cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone Dial By Name Directory

JimmyOrtiz
Listener

We have been getting a lot of feedback around the user experience of the Search By Name directory feature with Zoom phone.  It is very slow to return results and read them back, we do not have a way to remove the extension from being read back to the customer, and in some cases when we transfer from our contact center system to Zoom Phone directory we will lose audio packets resulting in the first name not being pronounced so calls get routed to the incorrect users.  

I would really love to see Zoom invest some dev resources into this and look at using a speech recognition directory or allowing admins to modify more settings when it comes to the search by name auto attendant. 

Would love to see if anyone else is having similar issues or has thoughts on this. 

3 REPLIES 3

townsendwc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@JimmyOrtiz 
Thanks for the feedback and your concerns with the directory feature.  Would you mind submitting this via our Feedback tool as well?  This will help get it into the system for review by the right team.  I will also see if I can push this over to the correct product manager.

https://zoom.us/feed

townsendwc

@JimmyOrtiz 
I spoke with the PM for that part of the product.  There are features being developed to help with your concern but there are no ETA's or specifics to share at this time.

Please do submit via the feedback so that we can track it better internally.  For questions and concerns, please continue to leverage the Community and submit feature requests via the feedback link.

Thank you!   I have submitted the enhancement request through the ideas link.  I appreciate the additional information.